What's new

Earlybird

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure alot of you veterans know this secret already, but coming in to work early this morning paid huge dividends!

Seems a person can get so much done when free of distractions.

From 5:30 am until 8am I was able to complete more than I can in half a day of customer service, dealing with employees and detailing cars.:D

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I completely agree with you Waxman. Sorry I didn't let you in on the secret earlier. :)

I visit my washes starting at 4am, spend an hour there, then hit the other one for an hour. Then go home to get ready for the JOB which pays the mortgage.

You can get a tremendous amount of things done during that time, it's amazing. I get a few early bird washers, but most often I can take things offline to make quick maintenance adjustments and get it back online before a customer comes in.

Something else I do is visit my washes at different hours late at night early morning. I travel most weeks and when I fly in late at night, I'll stop by. Sometimes you can catch that person who keeps dumping their household trash in your dumpster. (Please don't start flooding this thread with ways to prevent dumping, it was only an example.)

jprb

Reaction score
It works well for us night owls, too! Going in late at night, or overnight, provides the same benefit!

JPRB

Reds

Reaction score
I find that from 5am thru 8am is the most productive part of the day. Most people are reluctant to call you at that time, and most offices and retail businesses are closed. A perfect time to focus on your own issues and responsibilities. And a great way to get an organized start for the day.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Yeah right!

I usually get up around 4 AM. I then go pee and go back to bed. When I get up at 7 AM I take a shower, grab a cup of coffee and get on the web, and then get my sorry ass out of the house around 8:30. Early bird my ass! :rolleyes:

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I usually get up around 4 AM. I then go pee and go back to bed. When I get up at 7 AM I take a shower, grab a cup of coffee and get on the web, and then get my sorry ass out of the house around 8:30. Early bird my ass!
Now that about sums it up for me too, although 8:30 seems a bit early!
Oh well, dirt moving season is right around the corner and that will change it all. Man, I can't wait.:D

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Wake up at 8:30, mess around at home for a while and leave the house after traffic at about 9:30 or 10.....go to the washes and try to leave by 4:30 to beat the traffic.....I only do my clean up and work at the car washes....I don't hang around and waist any time. I know a few people who are at there washes 7 days a week all day. I am sure that at least 50% of there time is waisted.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
WR, who the old timers will remember, would get up and go to his wash at 4AM, clean it up. Go home, eat breakfast and then go back and off and on all day be there and make sure everything was working and clean. Of course, he was single at the time and didn't have a life. His wash did double what his comp. did and normal washes did. Joe Mapes, once said at an ICA presentation, when asked "how do I make more money" said "spend more time at your wash".