What's new

Earl Weiss's Wash

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Interesting layout. Do the tunnel customers have a problem using the vacs?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Looks nice...being next to a big box store is always nice!

Never much like the idea of vacs in front of the SS bays...on busy days they block access to the bays that generate 8 to 10 times more revenue.

BigLeo

MEP001

Reaction score
bigleo48 said:
Never much like the idea of vacs in front of the SS bays...on busy days they block access to the bays that generate 8 to 10 times more revenue.
I have the same problem - it's mostly not too bad when customers pull up behind a bay in use to use the vacuum while they wait, but they too often stop behind the only empty bay. Even worse is when on a busy day they wash and then back out of the bay to vacuum and detail. Other customers won't usually go around the other side to use the bay. We don't have traffic markers or any reason to have cars enter or exit a certain way.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Interesting layout. Do the tunnel customers have a problem using the vacs?
Can't see it in photos but as they exit the tunnel and go left there are 6 more vacs at the tunnel exit, seperate from the 8 for the bays. it is set up to allow 10 vacs in this area, but two were removed that were closest to tunnel exit due to possible traffi flow issues and 2 Islands currently have one vac each. Rarely is it not enough.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Looks nice...being next to a big box store is always nice!

BigLeo
Wish I had the problem. Rarely are all 8 bays full with someone waiting let alone someone at the vac preventing use of the bay.

New Investor

Reaction score
Flow look's good layout look's good. The only thing that get's me is the 3.50 for a wash, i just don't know how operator's can do it.

Todd's Car Wash

Reaction score
Flow look's good layout look's good. The only thing that get's me is the 3.50 for a wash, i just don't know how operator's can do it.
Me either. Our competitor does a $5 express wash and we thought about dropping ours from $5 to $3 but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

What I don't get is how people still wash their cars at home when we have dirt-cheap express washes that get it done so much faster!