What's new

e ports

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have 5 of them and they seem to be working pretty well. Not sure what network they're on because they come preprogrammed. I am not a big fan of the $10 a month per unit charge though. Also, the it seems as though a lot of customers swipe their cards too slow. Every time I see them fumbling I swipe their card for them and it almost always works. Keep in mind they no longer accept Mastercard either. When I bought them almost a year ago there was only one car wash distributor authorized to sell them. Very easy install on Coleman equipment. I saw post recently that perked my interest for CC at my other wash. Can't remember the mfg. though.

carwash27

Reaction score
eport going great

have had 4 eports in my s/s bays for approx 3 months now. works very well on the verizon network. they take all credit cards but only visa debit cards. put up small sign explaining this and have had no calls. i used to have a pc based credit card system and with the pci compliance and yearly fee to update the software for credit card processor(verifone), i am glad that i have chosen to go this way. no more pc, no more battery back-up, no more phone/cable lines. would like it to count up but i guess you can't have it all. easy to install and program. company is based in the good ole usa( pa) and they answer their phone promptly and they speak english. no more "jeremy" from pakistan. hope this helps

Buzzie8

Reaction score
carwash27,
Your eports should be taking Visa credit as well as debit cards. Mine does and like I said, there is only one version of these for the car wash industry. I would check with them about this.

carwash27

Reaction score
no mastercard debit cards

mine take all credit cards but only visa debit cards.-will not take mastercard debit cards.

Etowah
Reaction score
The new Dultmier flier I got today has these for sale. $450 each and comes with some kind of programming pre paid. I assume it works over the cell phone network from verizon. Do you have to pay per unit? Or have them call the same number for cc authorization? Thanks.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I have 5 of them and they seem to be working pretty well. Not sure what network they're on because they come preprogrammed. I am not a big fan of the $10 a month per unit charge though. Also, the it seems as though a lot of customers swipe their cards too slow. Every time I see them fumbling I swipe their card for them and it almost always works. Keep in mind they no longer accept Mastercard either. When I bought them almost a year ago there was only one car wash distributor authorized to sell them. Very easy install on Coleman equipment. I saw post recently that perked my interest for CC at my other wash. Can't remember the mfg. though.
I think the other post was for a system by Cryptopay. You can search for the thread on the forum.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Cleaning up mud,
That's a good price from Dultmeir, mine were $600+ and at the time only one company was authorized to sell them to car washes. These are the same units you see on the side of Coke machines but are programmed to pulse for your timers. They use cellular technology to call out. My monthly charge is $10 per unit. You tell them how many minutes for start up and they preprogram. It's my understanding changing the programming is easy through phone network as well but I have not changed mine. USA technologies is the MFG. No count up, each time my customer swipes it pulses 10 times because I have a $2.50 start up.
Buzzie

Buzzie8

Reaction score
You cannot pick your processor but the rates are not out of line. If you are getting a bunch of the eports however the $10 per unit monthly charge can be offset by a monthly lease payment for some better equipment that is out here. In my case, if I put CC on all my vacs and bays it would be $130 a month I would take the same $130 a month and buy a $10k system that does much more and only costs a bit more each month until the lease is over. Being that I only did 3 bays and two dog bays the eports seemed to make more sense. The ease of install also was part of the decision making.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Easy, I did three in about three hours. Hardest part was drilling through wall at 90 degree angle. You need to order a box for them to mount on. I will try to find where I ordered the boxes from and get some photos for you tomorrow.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know there are issues with mounting them on a small coin box where there isn't room to swipe the card without hitting the card on the edge of the box, but what about something to extend the reader out so there's room for the card swipe?

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Reaction score
I received an email from eport. Dultmier was instructed to take them off the flyer and catalog. They are not distributors. I guess what seems to good to be true probably is.