What's new

Duplicate cycles

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hi, we have a GinSan meteer boxes in our self service bays. With GS-64 and Gs-65 boards. Suddenly one of our bays started duplicating the first 5 bottom cycles in the next 5 bottoms. We already replaced both boards assuming that could the problem but nothing continue doing the same. Yesterday we made it work all cycles the correct way for about 15 minutes but after that time cycles were mess again.
At this point we are thinking to replace all meter box door and change to knob system, easy solution to avoid problems with boards.

Any suggestion before we run to an expensive repair?

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
If you have the time, it's very inexpensive to convert pushbutton doors to rotary switch. It just takes the switch and a decal, plus either some JB Weld or epoxy. I'm in the middle of trying epoxy again - it didn't hold last time but I've chamfered the holes this time so the epoxy will sort of lock itself in. I'll take a few pictures as I go.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hi, we have a GinSan meteer boxes in our self service bays. With GS-64 and Gs-65 boards. Suddenly one of our bays started duplicating the first 5 bottom cycles in the next 5 bottoms. We already replaced both boards assuming that could the problem but nothing continue doing the same. Yesterday we made it work all cycles the correct way for about 15 minutes but after that time cycles were mess again.
At this point we are thinking to replace all meter box door and change to knob system, easy solution to avoid problems with boards.

Any suggestion before we run to an expensive repair?

Thanks
What you have is the Ultra system. It uses a binary encoded signal between the GS64 and GS65 for the functions. What you most likely have going on is a problem with the Data 4(Gray) wire. It's probably just a loose connection but I have seen them fail and need to be swapped with a spare wire.

Because of the communication aspect, you would have to rewire the pumpstand to swap to a rotary switch. You may also need a cable between the bay with more conductors depending on how many you have in your current cable.

jsoriano

Reaction score
What you have is the Ultra system. It uses a binary encoded signal between the GS64 and GS65 for the functions. What you most likely have going on is a problem with the Data 4(Gray) wire. It's probably just a loose connection but I have seen them fail and need to be swapped with a spare wire.

Because of the communication aspect, you would have to rewire the pumpstand to swap to a rotary switch. You may also need a cable between the bay with more conductors depending on how many you have in your current cable.

Hello Dan,

We tried using an extra wire, same results. We swapped GS 64 from another bay and issue continue. We swapped GS 65 from another bay and also the whole door and same results. Could be the whole wire that need to be replaced?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hello Dan,

We tried using an extra wire, same results. We swapped GS 64 from another bay and issue continue. We swapped GS 65 from another bay and also the whole door and same results. Could be the whole wire that need to be replaced?

If you've swapped boards, doors, etc the only thing left has to be a wiring issue. Possible some corrosion under the terminal strip in the meterbox.