What's new

Dumpster almost killer me

Eric H

Reaction score
I was emptying buckets of sand from my SS bays (not pit mud) into the dump when I overloaded the front and it tipped over. I’ve never had this be an issue in my past 25 years. Thought I’d just throw it out as a warning to the young guys and some of the older guys that aren’t quite as nimble as I am.
View attachment IMG_5972.mov

IMG_5969.jpeg

Attachments

Eric H

Reaction score
I was emptying buckets of sand from my SS bays (not pit mud) into the dumpster when I overloaded the front and it tipped over. I’ve never had this be an issue in my past 25 years. Thought I’d just throw it out as a warning to the young guys and some of the older guys that aren’t quite as nimble as I am. It’s always good to laugh at yourself especially when no one gets hurt.
View attachment 10256

View attachment 10257

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had that happen at place once. Not fun to re load and get it back up.

washnshine

Reaction score
I was emptying buckets of sand from my SS bays (not pit mud) into the dumpster when I overloaded the front and it tipped over. I’ve never had this be an issue in my past 25 years. Thought I’d just throw it out as a warning to the young guys and some of the older guys that aren’t quite as nimble as I am. It’s always good to laugh at yourself especially when no one gets hurt.
View attachment 10256

Glad you are alright and thanks for the warning. I would be one of the older guys that is in the less-nimble category that you speak of!

😂

View attachment 10257

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You are pretty nimble for your age.

I had dumpsters like that, but some of the front wheels were attached like outriggers, and were about 6-8" ahead of the front of the dumpster. Apparently, you are not the only one this has happened to.

Last edited:

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Yikes. I've never seen a dumpster with a design like that. Now I know why.

edredtop

Reaction score
View attachment 10256
Wouldn't want to think of the outcome if a kid was tagging along with you and got caught up in that, yeesh!
Never seen a bin like that.
The designer of that bin makes the dangerous assumption it will be loaded with a center of gravity low and aft of the slope.
Is there a reason why you load it on the sloped side and not the reverse where there's no chance of it trying to bite your legs off ?

Eric H

Reaction score
Is there a reason why you load it on the sloped side and not the reverse where there's no chance of it trying to bite your legs off ?
It’s easier for the driver to get the dirt out of it is towards the front. Any water that is in the dirt or other liquids drain to the bottom of the can and freeze. On long cold spells I can lose half of the capacity of the dumpster with paper frozen to the bottom.
I had less issues with the square dumpsters that are used on front loader garbage trucks.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's always the most accessible side, since the truck picks it up from that side. I had dumpsters like that at all of my washes over a 50 year stretch and never had one do that.

Randy

Reaction score
I would have something that dangerous on my property. It's a safety hazard. I'd be calling the garbage hauler and get a square dumpster. I have a square 2 yard dumpster on wheels that get dumped twice a week.