What's new

Dum move / smart move; need advice on blowers

soonermajic

Reaction score
I bought a very nice set of Aerodry Blowdryers. I actually got 2 complete sets.

Here's my issue: the taller overhead dryer frame got warpes somehow. Impeller won't spin, cause it's up against the side. Im honna swap out for quick fix.

However, how would you guys fix this?

I will also say this. I have had to order extra parts from AeroDry, & they have been incredibly polite & fast responsive! Like shipping out parts even before I could pay for em one time. Ha

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I had a set of those blowers about 15 years ago. They were def quiet. I had one of the motors go bad. Holy hell. That was a pain to replace due to the way the motors hang down into the stainless tube, and the fan has literally only millimeters in clearance from the edge of the tube.

washnshine

Reaction score
I bought a very nice set of Aerodry Blowdryers. I actually got 2 complete sets.

Here's my issue: the taller overhead dryer frame got warpes somehow. Impeller won't spin, cause it's up against the side. Im honna swap out for quick fix.

However, how would you guys fix this?

I will also say this. I have had to order extra parts from AeroDry, & they have been incredibly polite & fast responsive! Like shipping out parts even before I could pay for em one time. Ha
Not sure which model you have, but from pictures of their design, it looks like the stainless steel pipes are in sections and segments. I don’t know which section the impeller is in, but can you unbolt and replace the warped section only? Remove and re-bolt it in place?

Overachiever

Reaction score
I've got similar dryers.. ended up taking to a local place to get the impellers balanced as several of my impellers were rubbing against the side of the can and making awful sounds. Can't remember exactly what they said they ended up doing but I think they welded something to a bolt and hoisted the motors out of the can that way.

Pretty sure they adjusted the angle of the motor using washers when remounting it inside the can.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I've got similar dryers.. ended up taking to a local place to get the impellers balanced as several of my impellers were rubbing against the side of the can and making awful sounds. Can't remember exactly what they said they ended up doing but I think they welded something to a bolt and hoisted the motors out of the can that way.

Pretty sure they adjusted the angle of the motor using washers when remounting it inside the can.
Whe u say "local place", does that mean Machine shop, motor repair place, etc...?

Overachiever

Reaction score
Whe u say "local place", does that mean Machine shop, motor repair place, etc...?
Yeah it's like a machine shop and motor repair place. One of their services was called Dynamic Balancing which I thought sounded similar to what I needed.

Those motors are so heavy and the cans make it so awkward, glad they took care of it for me.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Im gonna swap out, & then worry about trying to figure out what to do on the compromised blower.