What's new

Dual Wall Mount Booms

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I know that I have seen these for sale in the past at places like Kleen-Rite and Dultmeier, but I'm not having any luck. The way I remember them being set up was with one solid plate bolted to the wall and then each side having a separate boom for low pressure applications (the fluid runs through the boom along the straight, no hose required).

Any ideas where I can purchase them?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I use to have booms that had the fluid running through them. I think they were supplied by Mark VII, as was the anti-freeze injection system that leaves a lot to be desired. After years of fighting freeze-ups I replaced them with the Kleen-Rite "hose-thru" type, along with other changes in plumbing. They came with 1/2" hose, which I replaced with 3/8". A 3/4" square boom has about 7 times the volume of a 3/8" hose. Keep in mind how much trouble it will be to keep it from freezing, and thawing after it freezes. With you being in MI you will have lots more opportunities than I do here in KY.

What is the reason that you want the "fluid-thru" booms? Having used both, I don't see a positive, and have experienced the negative, many times.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I use to have booms that had the fluid running through them. I think they were supplied by Mark VII, as was the anti-freeze injection system that leaves a lot to be desired. After years of fighting freeze-ups I replaced them with the Kleen-Rite "hose-thru" type, along with other changes in plumbing. They came with 1/2" hose, which I replaced with 3/8". A 3/4" square boom has about 7 times the volume of a 3/8" hose. Keep in mind how much trouble it will be to keep it from freezing, and thawing after it freezes. With you being in MI you will have lots more opportunities than I do here in KY.

What is the reason that you want the "fluid-thru" booms? Having used both, I don't see a positive, and have experienced the negative, many times.
I have one of the flow through style wall mount booms now and haven't had any problems so far. I am open to either style, but I want the dual wall mount style to help ease in installation and such...I just feel like it will be a cleaner design...am I wrong?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have the dual wall mounts that I bought from K/R. You are not wrong. It's a nice clean design and easy to take the boom down if needed. I don't even put in the cotter pin, so I can just undo the quick coupler I installed, lift up, and it's loose in my hand. There is a loose PVC spacer that will most likely fall off the bracket, and of course will roll into the pit. Since it's just a piece of 1" pipe I cut off a few of them and have them handy in the eq. room if needed.

MEP001

Reaction score
Here;s the Kleen-Rite version:

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-7242-double-boom-bracket.aspx

We have the Dralco type which has an extension and a stop so the boom won't swing past the middle of the bay. It's a good idea in theory, but it results in the customers jerking on the foam brush hose and bending or breaking the booms. I've had to replace most of them, and as I do I cut off the stop post. Now the booms often get left with one all the way around on top of the other, but it's not a problem. As soon as someone uses the brush or gun under the other boom, the one on top just swings around and returns home.

The Dralco low-pressure booms have the fluid running through the square stainless arm and are built much nicer and sturdier than the Kleen-Rite ones.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks Mep, that's what I was looking for. I like the fact that I'm now under $200 per bay for a new install since I won't have to modify my existing hp boom.