What's new

Ds 5000

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
wasn't getting any high pressure out of top oscilating nozzles. took plunger out of dema valve, cleaned and put back. still no luck. switched dema valve plunger with top oscilater nozzle and power blast nozzle plunger and had but no power blast high pressure or spot free but now had top oscilatoer nozzle high pressure, replaced the plunger in power blast nozzle with one I had and it fixed it but now no spot free???? Any suggestions? lost prime? any ideas what to try?

MEP001

Reaction score
Either the pump lost prime or there is a stuck check valve. I don't believe there is a solenoid on the spot-free.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I cut the line right before the check valve and held the relay for spot free but no water, how can I prime the pump? the pump does come on

MEP001

Reaction score
Lay the hose on the ground and you should get gravity flow through the pump, then turn the pump on with the relay.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I took the hose off the outflow of the pump and hit the #5 relay(spot free) and water flew out. I put the hose back and hit the #5 relay again and got a face full of water to the manifold, I guess the pump was airlocked, problem fixed. thank you.

im back to the original problem with the gantry stopping on the rail. in the same place everytime, and the top of the arch on the entrance, when I resett and when returning to home its missing by a foot. the only uncommon denominator here is on my auto bay that is working #1 prox switch input is lit, on the bay im having trouble with #1 prox switch input is not lit. Any idea what this means?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't remember what #1 prox input is - is it one of the stop proxes or is it the arch prox?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
#1 prox is the prox inside the gantry that reads the wheel. been working fine again but now as soon as the gantry starts and goes 3 feet the blowers come on, im down again. when you put on manuel and try to move it goes a foot and shuts of manual override. I replaced the encoder also.

MEP001

Reaction score
It sounds like it's not getting the signal from the counter prox at all. Just checking the #1 light isn't enough to test, you need to move the gantry a bit and check. If the light stays off, something is wrong. Start with adjusting the prox, and if you have the newer plastic prox wheel make sure the metal bits are flush with the surface of the plastic. I've seen where they work their way out and it won't adjust right.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I replaced the prox switch. the gantry now will start back from home and go 5' and blowers come on. stop reset swintch will not return the gantry to home. manual override cuts off when I cover the eye? can it be a photo eye?

robblackburn

Reaction score
I replaced the prox switch. the gantry now will start back from home and go 5' and blowers come on. stop reset swintch will not return the gantry to home. manual override cuts off when I cover the eye? can it be a photo eye?
Did you have any luck with this problem? I am having same issue. Currently gantry is stuck at bottom of exit end. When put in manual mode hydraulic unit runs for a few seconds and then turns off. I have checked hydraulic fluid,flags and count prox.

Thanks for any suggestions.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Make sure #1 prox is lit on input in cabinet. If not adjust or clean the prox. If #1 is lit you may have a bad eye. When gantry gets to flag it should light 5 or 6 on input if not your yellow prox on gantry is bad

Etowah