What's new

DS 5000 stops in front!

dogwasher

Reaction score
Hi Bill, I have a question for you that may have you stumped! This has been brought up a couple times and I have never gotten an answer. I have two DS 5000's (5 years old) the old pumps and rinse tank located in the mechanical room re-used, my problem is I cannot change the "long" and the "short" on the programmer as you know this controls the time the gantry sits on the springs before rising up. I'm always stuck on the "long" I cannot change it...even when I program it in and the programmer says its in the "short" the gantry sits for the 3-4 seconds. I would really like to adjust it for the short selection in the winter when we have long lines to speed up the wash and save on soap.
Thank you for any input!
y

I guess this is normal operation I will just deal with it like I have for almost 6 years

bhoag

Reaction score
Dwell Time Set for 5000.

To set the dwell time to short and actually get it to stay, you have to make sure that the other two selections in the dwell time, standard and long, are actually set to and read, OFF.
If your short says ON, and your standard is ON, the standard wins since it is the default.
If you know how to get to the dwell settings on the screen then you will be able to see the other two possibles.

If you have an email address I can send you the Manual on Display Screen that will walk you through these settings.

Thanks

BH

bhoag

Reaction score
DS 5000/ Flash

Flash,

Do you have the extended arch's? The standard arch was 244". The extended ones are 266", measured from center to center. Either one, the center of the in-position treadle shaft and the center of the front arch plate should be 50" apart. If you are too far back, a longer vehicle may not get washed.

If the machine is shutting down on you, call me next time it does before resetting so we can discuss what inputs are on and off.

Bill/D&S Tech Support 636-677-3442

dogwasher

Reaction score
To set the dwell time to short and actually get it to stay, you have to make sure that the other two selections in the dwell time, standard and long, are actually set to and read, OFF.
If your short says ON, and your standard is ON, the standard wins since it is the default.
If you know how to get to the dwell settings on the screen then you will be able to see the other two possibles.

If you have an email address I can send you the Manual on Display Screen that will walk you through these settings.

Thanks

BH
Hi Bill, first off I'm sorry if I sounded rude...I was hanging out last night with Sam Adams last night..I have to stop that. Anyway I have programmed the system just as you explained and it just does not change. Its been a while so I will try it again this week when I change the Blow Downs for summer time. I do have the DS5000 manual. Thank you for your input!

Reaction score
Dwell Time Set for 5000.

Thanks

BH
How do I shorten the dwell time on a D&S 5000? I've changed the programming from Std to short, but it still seems to be sitting at the ends for a long time? I have gone in to the programming and made the changes as mentioned (being sure that the other choices are off) and it makes no difference

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure you enable the custom wash profiles.

MEP001

Reaction score
Depends on the age of the unit, some will go to default wash if it's powered off and on, newer ones retain the custom wash setting. Fortunately they all retain the individual wash settings.

MEP001

Reaction score
No, I was saying to check it after it's been rebooted or powered down. It will display Default again if it doesn't retain the setting.

Etowah
Etowah