What's new

DS 500 problem again

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
when you hit the entrance pad again wash will not come on, this time its not the wheel prox.

on input 1,3,4,5,27,10 are lit.......anay suggestions, cant keep this old cat running.

robblackburn

Reaction score
when you hit the entrance pad again wash will not come on, this time its not the wheel prox.

on input 1,3,4,5,27,10 are lit.......anay suggestions, cant keep this old cat running.
I am not looking at my input sheet but I do not recall 27 being active while wash is idle. I think all of the others look accurate while wash is idle. #3 is only on when vehicle is on traedle. Again, I think your problem is 27, what does your input sheet say #27 is ?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Rob, #3 is lit with no car in the bay and green light is flashing. I believe this is what is causing the wash not to operate. How do you get #3 off????

robblackburn

Reaction score
Check your treadle. It is either mechanically stuck down or the mercury switch is stuck on. Fix that and then reset machine with reboit

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Rob, in the next bay a have a similar problem. you hit the entrance pad the treadle opens, you pull into the treadle and it keeps says enter. I DONT RECALL THIS HAPPENING BEFORE. INPUT #3 IS NOT LIT ON THE INPUT WITH THE CAR IN THE TREADLE. This is really unbelievable as every time I get this wash going its something else......On the other bay I adjusted the mercury switch but this was causing the bay to look like a car was in the bay when it wasn't because input #3 was staying lit with no car in the treadle. In this case input #3 will not light when car in the treadle. im totally perplexed!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts? in one instance with the car in the treadle it the wash eventually started when the car had sat there on the treadle for about a minute??

robblackburn

Reaction score
Rob, in the next bay a have a similar problem. you hit the entrance pad the treadle opens, you pull into the treadle and it keeps says enter. I DONT RECALL THIS HAPPENING BEFORE. INPUT #3 IS NOT LIT ON THE INPUT WITH THE CAR IN THE TREADLE. This is really unbelievable as every time I get this wash going its something else......On the other bay I adjusted the mercury switch but this was causing the bay to look like a car was in the bay when it wasn't because input #3 was staying lit with no car in the treadle. In this case input #3 will not light when car in the treadle. im totally perplexed!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts? in one instance with the car in the treadle it the wash eventually started when the car had sat there on the treadle for about a minute??
If the treadle Mercury switch is working properly and sending inputs to the PLC then I would look at the pad in the way into the wash. If you have a pressure pad on the way in it needs to send two pulses (the front and back tires) to the PLC before the treadle will activate the wash. Check the pad and watch the PLC for inputs to make sure it is working. I am not sure of input number but will say in chart inside door ? Let me know if that helps.

Rob

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Rob when you hit the pad it opens the treadle.what's activates input #3 the treadle? Its not sending signal to input

robblackburn

Reaction score
Rob when you hit the pad it opens the treadle.what's activates input #3 the treadle? Its not sending signal to input
Ok. Sounds like pad is working. The part popping up is the treadle stop and it sounds like that is working properly. The input #3 is the treadle and it is activated by the Mercury switch. Check that the Mercury switch works and that it is mounted to the treadle in such a way that when treadle has tire on it then Mercury switch would activate.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Thanks Rob, to troubleshoot if I step on treadle should input 3 light or does wash need to activated?