What's new

Drylok

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I painted my second busiest bay in drylok basement waterproofer over these past few weekends. It took 6.5 gallons and 2 coats (the stuff goes on like maple syrup). I know the general concensus is to not paint, but this was a fairly cost effective option to at least try out and see what happens. I will post some pictures a little later this morning.

Has anyone ever tried coating with this product? How did the product hold up? I'm crossing my fingers that it will hold up at least through the winter...it looks good now. :)

teamplex65

Reaction score
I can't wait to see photos. i also agree that painting is not the best choice, but our is painted, and in need of a new coat next spring, and the vinyl stuff isnt in the budget.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Bubbles that looks awesome!!! I too will be repainting our walls come next spring, now did you just go over the old paint or did you clean the old then apply the drylok? was it white before? I see you have a checkered design as well in the pic.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It was just plain block before. It probably could have used a third coat, but unless you are looking for it, you would never notice. What I like about the drylok is that it permeates into the block and bonds that way, it's not just a coating. It cleaned up nice and easy last night, I guess time will tell...

teamplex65

Reaction score
Did you paint over the chekered pattern? Do you have plans to paint that area a different color. I do like the idea of different color at each station (square around the mats, square around the foam brush, square around the pay station).

Flamingo

Reaction score
I opened my wash3 years ago...I was at Lowes and the dry-lok caught my eye..I went with it against everybody's advise.This stuff is awsome.It still looks good, I recoat every year .It does tend to yellow over time but does not peel.Looks good as new with a recoat. Hope this eases your mind.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I would go with the extreme latex product they provide, I wonder if it's too late in this year to do my self serve walls with the cold weather?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
^ that's what I used...I am going to wait the winter to make sure that it holds up well and then I will be painting the rest of them in the spring!

pgrzes

Reaction score
I used Sherwin Williams seashore white paint. Painted 4 yrs ago. cleans up well with Nu-Wall. Just touch up every couple years. It has a great glossy finish holds up well to wash downs. Just be sure to prep well. Cost is about the same as what u had stated for the drylock. Highly recommend. I painted after tearing down 20 year old FRP.