What's new

Drying quarters

OurTown

Reaction score
If you have the time and floor space you can spread them out on bath or beach towel and put a fan in front of them. If you need them done faster then you can put another towel over them and push them around until the towels absorb the water. Of course this requires you to get down on your hands and knees.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i added a small light socket / cord to the insde of my token machine. If you use a traditional bulb 60/75w it keeps the inside warm.

slash007

Reaction score
I lay them out on a large towel, put another towel on top, then wait a few minutes. I do that before counting them and putting them back in the changer. I would never put we quarters in the counter or changer, the get stuck that way.

soapy

Reaction score
I bought a very small cube heater that sits above quarter hoppers. It works well in the wilds of Idaho on my coin changers. Dries the quarters and keeps the coin shoots open when I get cold driving snow that will sometimes block them. Otherwise I use the large towel method.

soapy

Reaction score
I bought the cube heater at a local electrical supply house a few years ago.

Randy

Reaction score
Here ya go Earl,
Lasko 200W MyHeat Personal Desk/Tabletop Space Heater with Simple Controls, 100, Black, Walmart $20.00

Jsobi

Reaction score
Earl get a big beach towel. Put a pile of coins in the middle. Grab the ends of the towel folding edges inward. Roll coins back and forth. dump towel back into a bucket.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd use the silicone pad heaters like what comes in changers and meter boxes. A reptile heater isn't going to get very hot or it'll kill the herps.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'd use the silicone pad heaters like what comes in changers and meter boxes. A reptile heater isn't going to get very hot or it'll kill the herps.
Do they make a 110 V Version. The ones I find for the coin boxes are 24 Volt which means I need to also have a transformer and thermostat. It doesn't need to get very hot - The back side of the changer is in the ER so it gets some heat from there and only needs to get it above freezing. Still, if it is -20 outside it is probably not much warmer in the changer.

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones in a Hamilton changer are 120V and use a very inexpensive thermostat to keep from overheating the validator. I might have a couple sitting around I can mail to you if I can get it off the old validator mount without damaging it, or I could send you the whole mount for you to cut the sides off and you'd have a flat metal plate to slide under the hopper.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Earl get a big beach towel. Put a pile of coins in the middle. Grab the ends of the towel folding edges inward. Roll coins back and forth. dump towel back into a bucket.
This is what I do, except I leave em spread all over towel, & few hrs later do this process...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The ones in a Hamilton changer are 120V and use a very inexpensive thermostat to keep from overheating the validator. I might have a couple sitting around I can mail to you if I can get it off the old validator mount without damaging it, or I could send you the whole mount for you to cut the sides off and you'd have a flat metal plate to slide under the hopper.
I don't mind buying new if you have a source.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Can't you just rig up an incandescent light bulb in there? The power supply already has a place to plug it in.
The bulb might only fit on top of the hopper and I don't think it would keep stuff from freezing near the bottom.