What's new

Dryers for IBA

CW_GUS

Reaction score
Hello,

Can some one suggest us the best companies that provides dryer for IBA. We are looking for 50HP dryers with elephant trunks.

Also, how much they end up costing.

Thanks.

Jim64

Reaction score
I’ve got a premier dryer on an iba. It has 2 ten hp motors on top and a 15 on each side with elephant ears. I upgraded to a stainless frame instead of aluminum. I’ve had it for 2 years. About 20k

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Getting two 60 hp Premiers in a couple weeks. Two 15's on top, one 15 on each side with elephant ears, wall to wall mount was $20k plus tax & install. They wanted $6k for two of their starter panels but I built my own for $2k.

Reactions: Zal

soapy

Reaction score
I have some Sonny Mammoth side dryers in 15Hp per side that have worked well. They were 17K installed per bay 5 years ago.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of premier driers, Ive got a four 10 hp dryer setup with elephant trunk nozzles on a istobal. Next to it is a water wizard with 3-10 belanger air cannons with no accessory nozzles. The air cannons puts out a way drier car-no comparison.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents
I have premier at one wash and some old junk at the newly purchased site.
i want to get new ones to replace the junk.
but I am delaying that decision until we get done testing the new ceramics and graphene. Early testing is showing I could dry them with a leaf blower.
hoping I can cut down on hp after I get done with all my trials.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents
I have premier at one wash and some old junk at the newly purchased site.
i want to get new ones to replace the junk.
but I am delaying that decision until we get done testing the new ceramics and graphene. Early testing is showing I could dry them with a leaf blower.
hoping I can cut down on hp after I get done with all my trials.
What products are you using / testing specifically if you don’t mind sharing ?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Chemquest. Nova and Zenith
Nova is hybrid ceramic and drying agent
I replaced two products with it.
Great stuff!

Zenith is the new graphene.
Great
So, on my new build, are my menus to say Ceramic...or Graphene or Graphite or Granite or whatevertheHelitIs...??!!!

ShinePro

Reaction score
Great
So, on my new build, are my menus to say Ceramic...or Graphene or Graphite or Granite or whatevertheHelitIs...??!!!
There is a long story to this!
Actually I am following an Oklahoma wash when it comes to menu
But I have not got a name for the new wash yet 🤪
I will say this - it will be its own wash program
No building on the previous washes
Wax and other sealants wont go on this one!

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of premier driers, Ive got a four 10 hp dryer setup with elephant trunk nozzles on a istobal. Next to it is a water wizard with 3-10 belanger air cannons with no accessory nozzles. The air cannons puts out a way drier car-no comparison.
+1 for Belanger Air Cannons. They are great dryers.

I have dealt with many Premier set-ups (have 6 producer Premier setups in multiple IBAs) and they are just not great. They need to work on nozzle design. Petit pushed Premier on us but I would never buy a new setup from them again.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
+1 for Belanger Air Cannons. They are great dryers.

I have dealt with many Premier set-ups (have 6 producer Premier setups in multiple IBAs) and they are just not great. They need to work on nozzle design. Petit pushed Premier on us but I would never buy a new setup from them again.

It frankly boggles my mind that premier gets the accolades it gets from operators. Of the blower brands I have owned- Sonny's, McNeil, Belanger, International, and Premier , Premier takes last place.

washnshine

Reaction score
Chemquest. Nova and Zenith
Nova is hybrid ceramic and drying agent
I replaced two products with it.
Great stuff!

Zenith is the new graphene.
I’ve never understood why companies advertise any ceramic/carnauba wax/graphene product as a “hybrid drying agent”. All of these products provide extreme water repellency and function as drying agents as a byproduct of their primary use as a premium sealant and gloss enhancer. I’ve never seen one of these premium products NOT break water and set the car for drying. I can wash any car with just my detergents and then any quality ceramic product and it will dry extremely well.

On the flip side and I n my experience, dedicated drying agents are the most inexpensive, economical chemical put on at the end of the wash, solely to help bead the water in the absence of any other sealer or protectant. In other words, it helps to dry the car that gets the most basic wash, and it does not provide long lasting protection, long lasting water repellency, gloss enhancement or a smooth feel to the touch.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I’ve never understood why companies advertise any ceramic/carnauba wax/graphene product as a “hybrid drying agent”.
In my case I'm using a premium product that will work as both- a drying agent with some short lived rain repellent properties at high dilution and a very durable premium product at low dilution. It's simplifying my inventory but admittedly a dedicated drying agent would be cheaper. Could this be what they are referring to?

washnshine

Reaction score
In my case I'm using a premium product that will work as both- a drying agent with some short lived rain repellent properties at high dilution and a very durable premium product at low dilution. It's simplifying my inventory but admittedly a dedicated drying agent would be cheaper. Could this be what they are referring to?
Yes - most likely.

We might be using the same product. I use quest ceramic wax for the top package, but do use a dedicated drying agent for the lowest package.