What's new

Dryer

newboy

newbot
Reaction score
i have a low volume exterior wash. i am looking to purchase a new drying system. anyone have any suggestions? we do towel dry now. i would like to eliminate this service in the near future. thanks!!!!!!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I like my AVW Units and would use them again for replacements. I suggest you visit locations and view as many as possible.

Chiefs

Reaction score
Buy used absolutely.

We eliminated tyowel drying 11 years ago. However, we aslo have substantial room for customers to pull out of the ash and into the vacuuming/finishing area for them to wipe off their own vehicle. If you have no such room and/or your vehicle exit is near the street, eliminateing towel drying may prove difficult.

To get away from towel drying means that vehicles have to come out 95% dry. To do so requires multiple dryers. Also, don't forget to view your rinse process. Are you getting all the soap off? Are you using a final rinse after your drying agent? Do vehicle bead up as soon as they exit the final rinse/drying agent?

Quite often you'll find that the quality of your rinse process is every bit as important as the number and horsepower of your dryers.

If you do get rid of towel drying, be sure to remove all washing and drying equipment. If you don't there will be too much temptation to go back to it. In order for your customers to accept the change, a price reduction of $1 per wash may be in order.

Also, when you eliminate towel drying, you also effectively eliminate quality control at your exit end. This means that your wash process had better be top notch because every car must be clean and free or bugs, bird droppings, mud, etc., before its is rinsed and dried in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Deficiencies in the wash process must be overcome at the entrance before sending vehicles into the wash process. Otherwise, customer satisfaction will suffer greatly as will you wash volume.

Eliminating towel drying is more than just adding dryers.

Bill
Chief's Auto Wash

Joe Gillis

Reaction score
newboy,

a friend of mine in NE Ohio has a Premier 45 HP with one day of service. City shut him down for excessive noise. Pretty nice unit..

Joe