What's new

Dryer Setup

Dirt Buster

Reaction score
I currently am running 4 10hp washworld high velocity dryers for my iba. I'm looking to make a change on my set up to somehow add elephant ear side dryers. Would yall recommend buying two extra blowers? Or try to buy an elongated nozzle for the 2 current side blowers to get the sides better? If there is anything out there even like that.

washnshine

Reaction score
I currently am running 4 10hp washworld high velocity dryers for my iba. I'm looking to make a change on my set up to somehow add elephant ear side dryers. Would yall recommend buying two extra blowers? Or try to buy an elongated nozzle for the 2 current side blowers to get the sides better? If there is anything out there even like that.
There are plenty of set ups with only four producers - 2 on the top and 2 angled at 45° down the sides. If the top is coming out well and you just want to get down further on the sides, you might jut want to modify the sides to elephant ears and just keep 4 total. If you think the whole car needs a better dry, reposition your existing 4 producers to focus more on the top and add 2 elephant ears. Of course this will cost more in electric consumption - you’ll be up to 60hp.

Don’t know if washworld has an elephant ear retrofit for regular producers. Might have to have some custom work to make that happen, or just buy a set from another manufacturer if you end up adding to your existing 4. Really depends what you are trying to improve.

soapy

Reaction score
I have added sonny's Mammoth dryers to some of my autos on the sides and I am very satisfied with the dry quality they give me on the sides of cars.

soapy

Reaction score
It stayed similar in noise levels. Overall dry even on the tops was improved.

Dirt Buster

Reaction score
I have added sonny's Mammoth dryers to some of my autos on the sides and I am very satisfied with the dry quality they give me on the sides of cars.
I requested to get a quote from them. Not sure if I want to add two more dryers, as I currently have 4 blowing from the top. Or buy the elephant ear retrofit to convert two of my current dryers to that. Decisions decisions.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We have 4 x 10hp motors with the 2 x side elephant ears. They do work well but you need to play with the positions. Ours are on the freestanding frame so it's easy enough to move them about until we get the best dry