What's new

dryer, noise, and a neighbor

Etowah

cherokee235

Reaction score
I'd like to install a dryer on my Laser. Problem is I have a residential neighbor 100 feet from my bay. To top it off, his bedroom windows face my carwash. I've never comitted to a dryer, but know it would increase my car count.

In an ironic twist, my competitor's wash is behind my house, but 300 yards away. When the dryer comes on I hear it loud and clear, not a good omen.

I'm afraid I may open myself to a private nuisance suit and a very unhappy neighbor if I do it. What do you think?

Red Baron

Reaction score
I'd like to install a dryer on my Laser. Problem is I have a residential neighbor 100 feet from my bay. To top it off, his bedroom windows face my carwash. I've never comitted to a dryer, but know it would increase my car count.

In an ironic twist, my competitor's wash is behind my house, but 300 yards away. When the dryer comes on I hear it loud and clear, not a good omen.

I'm afraid I may open myself to a private nuisance suit and a very unhappy neighbor if I do it. What do you think?
One option is to set your dryers to not work after a certain time of day. If there is only one house, maybe you could approach the owner first and offer to install noise-insulated windows on that side of his house, and give him a few free car wash coupons. This way he might be less likely to complain later if he feels you essentially asked his permission first.

P.S. Anyone who flies a plane with a wing on the top, where it belongs, could figure this out. :)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Most cities have zoning laws, pertaining to noise, our city had us zoned industrial and only allowed so many decibels to spill over, in our case into multi family apartments, and they don't seem as fussy as homeowners. But we were able to drop the noise on existing blowers almost 15db. Walls,fences, hush boxes, are some of the options.

Etowah