What's new

Drive - Thru Mini tunnel

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with this concept except at car rental agencies. Even they manage to screw it up every now an then. A mitter will simply NOT clean bugs off of a car, or much dirt either. Period. The only experience I had with Tom Hobby was when I worked in Texas. He made me a distributor and boy was I proud . For a while. Had a good lead in Arkansas and had him give me a price so I could sell it to the lead. I made the mistake of telling Mr. Hobby where the lead was. Well what do you know? Turns out Mr. Hobby went there and sold him the machine cheaper than my distributor discount. Welcome to car washing. If Mr Hobby wants to sue me or beat me up, I'm easy to find.

That's interesting because I originally contacted Autec (Tom) and he handed it off to my distributor. He sold the company recently to someone that wants to take Autec to the next level. Have you compared the mitters to the Broadway machine that many compare this to? It looks like the Broadway has smaller cloth, cut different, and does not have the same action. It seems to just drag along the car vs the Autec has some fore and aft motion as it's passing over. There's an article in the new Auto Laundry News about an operator that is breaking ground on their third Autec in-bay-express. They also run some self serve locations and a full service tunnel.

OurTown

Reaction score
We tried to use a new D&S in-bay-express the other day that just opened in the Dayton area. Apparently there was something wrong with it because there was a cone in front of it. It has the tire shine option. Before I drive down there again I'm going to try to call to see if it's open first.