What's new

DRB Tunnel Watch and door controls

robblackburn

Reaction score
Installing new DRB controller and have question on door controls. How do most tunnel operators controls the doors in the tunnel. The door inputs are wired to the tunnel controller (DRB) and the controller can open and close the doors. I am new with DRB tunnel controller and looking for advice on how to best do this. DRB will not help because they do not want to be responsible for door controls and all of the things that can go wrong there. I am running Wyndstar doors. Ideally I would like to open the door (if thermostat is made) when the roller up switch is activated. Then close the entrance door when vehicle clears photo eyes on the door. On the exit end open the door when my first in ground loop (anti-collision #1) is activated and then close the door when in ground loop #2 is cleared.

Thanks in advance !!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I for one like my doors to be as fool proof as possible. The best method I have found is floor pad(s). I space one before the door and one just to the outside with the back edge just in front of where the door closes. The one before the door gives it enough time to open and if the car is in the opening it won't close. At one location with a right turn exit i have 3 pads tied to a single opener.

Cars can get out of sinc. with controllers if someone drives thru or hits the brakes and loses rollers. (Or both)