What's new

DRB controller issue

mac

Reaction score
I talked to a tunnel operator who is having an issue with this controller. He has the tire shine programmed for only two of the washes, but it comes on every wash. He has called DRB and the people who installed it and everyone is scratching their collective heads. (Actually the installers told him they would fix it if he bought more tire shine. The place is 16 months old.) I'll be going there in a couple days and wanted to get some ideas first. Any thoughts?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Without being in front of the screen it is hard for me to describe, but you can go into the programming for each package and there is an "*" or check mark(at least in my version) for each item that is set to come on for the package. For any package that should not have this, there should be no "*" or check mark.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If there is no asterisk or check mark then I can only guess it is tied into another function that comes on with every wash. To test for that I would go to the relay panel and turn off the relays other than tire shine one at a time and see if that stops the tire shine.

Or, pull the relay for the tire shine and see if it still comes on. If it does then you know it's tied to something else.

Report back.

mac

Reaction score
Earl, thanks for those tips. I suspect it is something miswired rather than a programming issue.

PalosAutoSpa

Reaction score
You should also check in tunnelwatch under modify setup , tunnel devices that the tire shine relay is programmable and not sequential. Sequential allows for operation on every wash.