What's new

DRB acquires Unitec

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I believe it sounds scary if you own an Unitec? Correct me if I am wrong I might be confused.... But DRB is a subscription based help and support company.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
That sucks I just bought a brand new wash select 2 three years ago 8K I like it alot. I bet they will be discontinued and no longer be able to get parts. That's like the industry standard on IBA paystations the workhorse. I pray we can still get parts. it will be a lot of operators in trouble.

MEP001

Reaction score
There have been a number of car wash equipment companies purchased by another and for the most part they've kept parts available.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
There have been a number of car wash equipment companies purchased by another and for the most part they've kept parts available.
The problem with that theory is just like tdlconceptsllc pointed out.... that is their cheapest unit for the industry. I believe DRB's support ran around 3k a year for a tunnel (at least that is what I wrote down?).

If I were DRB I would cut the WS2.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
In the Carolinas my area if you ain't got a wash select 2 with your automatic your just wasting time is what us Carolina boys say. There reliable units process credit cards in 2-3 seconds on the modern software they look appealing and tough for most part any paystation can be broken into if they want it bad enough I understand. I have had Hamilton gold line acw and I swear nobody does it like unitec when it comes to IBA pay station not express. They might quit making em so they force you to spend 20K to a kiosk high end ones instead in 10k on a new wash select 2. The motherboards will become discontinued then card readers, fans ect... This new company might do that on purpose forcing people to spend more money. Only time will tell.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
FYI, Dale and Ken Brott no longer own DRB Systems. They sold out over a year ago. The new ownership seems to be taking the company in different directions. I would wait to see how things play out before I wrote off Unitec as you know it now.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hey thanks washmee for the info your right it might even help there company for better who knows we will see when it all plays out.