What's new

Doyle Air Vac Combo Switch Connection

washregal

Reaction score
I am in the process of re-wiring my switches for my air / Vac combo units.

Currently when the switch is toggled to air both compressor and vac stay on.. when just toggled to vac I only get vac.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to wire the air side of the switch so that when I switch it over the air compressor is the only unit that works?:cool:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I am in the process of re-wiring my switches for my air / Vac combo units.

Currently when the switch is toggled to air both compressor and vac stay on.. when just toggled to vac I only get vac.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to wire the air side of the switch so that when I switch it over the air compressor is the only unit that works?:cool:
Washregal,

I don't have the unit but if it is a double pole double throw toggle: up or down position should allow the common to normally open on one pole(switch leg) to run ---- the other position should make the other pole common wired to the opposite position (other switch leg) to not run. Unless Doyle has some other technicality it is just a matter of continuity or no continuity based on up or down position relative to the common. Usually the common power on toggle switches are in the middle & separated. If it is on the same breaker you can jumper between the 2 in the middle.

One caveat --- I have seen these toggle switches go bad internally.

MJ

Doyle Vacuum

Reaction score
Why don't you give me a call at 616-554-9555 and I should be able to help you troubleshoot this problem. As I do not know the age or vintage of your Air-N-Vac unit, I can not give you a canned answer as to the cause of your problem. If you have a volt meter (and if you don't - you should get one), take it and your cell phone to the machine and call me - we'll go through it together and figure out what is wrong.

Dave from Doyle Vacuum

Etowah