What's new

Dosatron VS Hydrominder

Bucksavage

Reaction score
I ma looking at replacing the low pressure system in my 3 bay SS wash. I currently have Hydrominders and Flo-Jet pumps. The Dosatron seems like a simplier setup.
Can I get some pros and cons of the system?

Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
I only know of one person who uses Dosatrons instead of tanks and Hydrominders. He seems to have a lot of problems with them, a lot more than I do with Hydrominders and FloJets. His biggest problem is that when the water is shut off to the unit and turned back on, it leaks. He originally had a solenoid on the water feed to the unit so there was no pressure on it when no bays were in use, but after a month he had to take the solenoids out. He also had problems with water pressure which meant on a busy day the tire cleaner or presoak would be overwhelmed by the air pressure.

I've spent less time and money on FloJet pumps and Hydrominder parts and problems in the last eight years than he's spent on the Dosatrons in the last four.

Hydro has a line of pumps like the Dosatron - I don't know if they're any more reliable.

Randy

Reaction score
I’d keep the tried and true Hydrominder. There have been too many problems with the Dosatron pump set up. You might want to consider using the electric Procon pump instead of the Flo-Jet air driven pump.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
low pressure

Thanks for the replies. I had a funny feeling this was the case. The system appeared a little to good to be true.:D

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Maybe this topic would get more action in the General Folder.

MEP001

Reaction score
I didn't mention that the Dosatrons do their job very well as far as metering chemical into the flow. When I first saw it I was concerned it injected downstream and wouldn't mix it well or wouldn't keep it consistent with changes in the water pressure, but it's very accurate.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It is important to install some type of in line filter on the inlet side of a Doestron and a check valve on the outlet side. The filter needs to filter out any possible chunks that cause a problem in the mixing chamber and the check valve eliminates the possibility of back pressure that could cause problems with the solution ratio in the mixing chamber.

These pumps are very accurate as MEP has indicated and last a long time if they are installed properly. In recent years adjustments to the pumps to handle hot water, acidic products and metering down to I believe as much as 2,000:1 have made them more desirable. They are not cheap though which causes many to keep using more traditional methods.