What's new

Dosatron for SS foam brush

copperglobe

Reaction score
Anyone using Dosatron for the foam brush in your SS bays? If so what is your city water pressure and do you have enough "flow" to the brushes? Will 50 psi city pressure be enough to push it out there? Opinions? Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
50 PSI is plenty. One location I deal with has them on foam brush, tire cleaner, and presoak, and they do okay but the water pressure is too low. Flow is not an issue as they can handle 14 GPM. That should run at least 20 bays at once on foam brush. FWIW these are DEMA Mix-Rite units which I prefer over the Dosatron. The Dosatron is pretty fragile and they have a bad habit of leaking if you turn off the water supply to work on it. DEMA has a version that has a special piston and housing to handle caustic and abrasive chemical like tire cleaner.

Roz

Reaction score
We use Dosatron in our SS bays. Not certain of the city pressure but Dosatron tech support has always been very helpful when we had a question about our systems.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Dosatron ... their booth & techies were pretty impressive I remember at one of the car wash shows I was at. I also have good memories from when I called Dema phone-wise tech support so if there is advantage with Dema for some ... I say go that route!

I am a bit handicapped in the sense that I have no actual hands on experience with either.