What's new

Door Control on Odyssey and Quicksilver

toddmullens

Reaction score
We are installing doors in both of our automatic bays that have an odyssey and quicksilver respectively. The doors are the Wyndstar MT which come with safety eyes to prevent the doors from closing on a car but do not provide the open doors signal. I have relays in both pump stand control panels that say exit door, entrance door, etc, but it appears that there is no way of accessing the outputs from the user interface(screen or DSNET). After getting prices on the D&S door control box, over $1,600 a piece: assuming I need 1 per machine, it has prompted me to investigate the possibility of using my exsisting setup to control the doors based on the enter light signal and in position signal. Does anybody have any experience on controlling the bay doors on the Odyssey and Quicksilver without the use of the D&S door Control? I am trying to save as much money as I can at this point, considering that total costs of the building modification and doors are in excess of 45 grand at this point. To the best of my knowledge, the doors have the open and close circuits on board just no activator type device. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We have 6 locations, but this is the only one that requires doors, so I am green when it comes to the whole door situation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I don't have experience with either of those IBAs, but did configure Airlift to go up when the dryer kicked on. I think it simply involved installing a 24v relay in the control panel that closed contacts when the dryer output energized. Already had the pneumatic door switch. This system was upgraded a few years ago when we added the door control option to our IBA software. I, like you, didn't want to spend the extra money initially, but wished I had after experienceing the difference. With 45K in the project, what's another two?

chewy007

Reaction score
Door controls

I have been in this same situation, I used the entrance light and then used the built in timer on the wind star doors to close the door after the car is on the inposition switch. Set the timer to around 5- 10 seconds, I did the same for the exit door.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have been in this same situation, I used the entrance light and then used the built in timer on the wind star doors to close the door after the car is on the inposition switch. Set the timer to around 5- 10 seconds, I did the same for the exit door.
So do you suggest not buying the D&S Door Controls? Did your doors come with a thermostat?