What's new

Door bearings

Reds

Reaction score
I have ultimate doors with nylon bearings - actually they are just a nylon bushing. The bearings are worn out and I would like to replace them with stainless steel bearings. Has anyone done this or does anyone know a part # or source for stainless bearings for doors. They are flange mounted bearings. Any info regarding door bearings would be appreciated. I have looked on the Mcmasters Carr site and had trouble sorting out the bearings. Does anyone have any experience with the Airlift stainless steel bearing/shaft retrofit kit?

Reaction score
I have ultimate doors with nylon bearings - actually they are just a nylon bushing. The bearings are worn out and I would like to replace them with stainless steel bearings. Has anyone done this or does anyone know a part # or source for stainless bearings for doors. They are flange mounted bearings. Any info regarding door bearings would be appreciated. I have looked on the Mcmasters Carr site and had trouble sorting out the bearings. Does anyone have any experience with the Airlift stainless steel bearing/shaft retrofit kit?
I think you will have to change the track bracket on each side and the center bracket. We just switched a customer to the nylon bearings and i like the way they work. Have you tried calling ultimate to see if they have the parts to switch you back, they are a 1'' bearings. If you have no luck with ultimate give airlift a call they are great to work with.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I replaced 4 doors from nylon to 1" bearings. I just used high quality bearings I'm not sure if they do make stainless. But the regular bearings work great. You can use the nylon bearing mounts you will just need to drill mounting holes. The nylon bushings were a joke. Alot of drag and I had problems with the belts jumping. Had to have the belts so tight just so they wouldn't jump then the bushings would drag so bad that I had to up the air pressure just to open the doors then that would cause the belts to jump again.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Ultimate does have SS bearings to mount in place of the nylon bushings.

The bushings need to be hammered out of the mounting plates, and the bearing bolt right in place. The plates are predrilled for the SS bearings.

I would highly recommend using the SS bearings that Ultimate sells. We have converted several doors like this with great success.

washnvac

Reaction score
There was a time when I could not wait to get rid of the chains and greasable bearings. Last year I converted my 10 doors back to chain drive and greasable bearings.

I did not realize what a pia those belts were. Once converted, no issues whatsoever with the chains. I keep the chain lubed, and have a spare at each location. The chain is much cheaper than the belt, and it never slips.

I think those uhmw bearings are a bad idea. They create too much friction.

Etowah