What's new

Dont be like this guy!

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Not a great location in the scheme of the area, but that area is happening. Costco, Lowes, Home Depot, dining, surrounded by residential. Somebody could make that work, but not for $1.5 million. At least not if that somebody is me.
The redevelopment value may justify the price.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“Robert, a lack of stewardship on the part of the owner, the industry, the "experts", all of the above?”

In this case, lack of stewardship refers to the company that supplied the equipment.

If a real estate agent was involved, as in the carwash operator purchased this land rather than already owned it, throw them under the bus too.

Free standing carwash is similar to other support services such as gas/c-store, drive-through, etc. They are highway-oriented.

However, this carwash is land-locked.

It can’t be seen from the street. It has no direct access to surrounding residential areas. I bet the owner isn’t allowed a street sign. And so forth.

This is not super-station gas site, maybe 250K GPM. So, maybe it washes 20,000 CPY and split profit with station. So, $1.5 million, good luck.

If fact, pondering highest and best use all I can think of is professional office like psychiatrist.

I’d fault developer also because obviously due diligence was insufficient.

Otherwise, this gem wouldn’t be for sale.

mac

Reaction score
I thought that whoever made the video was kind of snarky. Have no idea where this place is, but my guess is that over 90% of the trash could have been left there in the last hour. His comments just seemed childist. There definitely are some issues. To do a real review he should have tested the wash operation to see how well it actually worked. The video came off as one owner trying to show everyone why his wash is better.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I enjoy looking at and going to other car washes.... I use to drive by washes and take pictures (then I had 2 kids LOL :) ). I have a collect here I believe: http://cwguy.com/?cat=22

All car washes are just a little different.... but they are all basically the same. Some have really nice equipment and some just flat out stink! :) (But stinky was pretty busy.)

http://cwguy.com/?p=2020

I believe it is good to look at other washes..... I am always interested in the bay setup with the booms, functions and accessories. I believe the video could have been submitted without comments and still been enjoyable..... for me at least. :)

Last edited:

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I did notice that both IBA bays were wet.That's a good sign considering the condition, but 1.5 is ridiculous!!
Guess some drug store can afford that.

6t7gto

Reaction score
Whoever took the video should have been to my wash yesterday.
I couldn't get there til about 3 oclock.
Trash was over flowing.
Had one vac motor that failed. (replaced it)
One wand had a slight leak. (replaced it.)
I have Vac-it-up. Bay 3 pipe was full of coins. (fixed that)
Right after I emptied the trash, my clean-up guy showed.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of an article Craig Campbell of Mark VII wrote in ALN years ago. He owned a 7 bay SS in the Denver area. He had to leave town for a week. When he returned on Saturday, he headed to the wash. As he arrived at his wash/war zone, he came to the realization that his clean-up guy had told him beforehand that he was going on vacation that week. No one had been there since the previous Sunday. He said the place looked like an absolute disaster, with all trash cans overflowing, all bays filthy. and an old sofa dumped to boot. Luckily, other than an empty changer, nothing had broken down. So after a few hours, it was as if someone had been there all along.

And I thought it was bad when I forgot my attendant was taking the weekend off...

MEP001

Reaction score
I've not shown up to the wash for five days because it rained pretty much the whole time. That was a mistake - there was so much trash piled up around all the cans that I had to take 30 trips to the dumpster for 7 cans. Most of the bays had six inches of mud in them.

The OP griped about how filthy the SS bays were, saying they hadn't been cleaned "ever," but aside for some leaves they weren't that dirty, nothing worse than one mildly dirty pickup might leave. I have seen some seriously neglected washes, one that had 1/2" of green algae on the floors a foot out from the wall, one that hadn't been rinsed in so long that I could pick up four shovelfuls of stuff along each wall (I know for a fact that wash hadn't had a bay cleaned in six months). The trash in the auto bay could have been blown out of one truck bed.