What's new

dollar coins only

washzone

Reaction score
Has anyone used dollar coins only in self serv bays and vacs and how many minutes per dollar

chaz

Reaction score
I dispense only dollar coins from my changer. I accept quarters and dollar coins in all equipment and also C/C in self serve and IBA.
Vac $2 for 6 min. S/S $3 for 4 min

pgrzes

Reaction score
Only problem I see with accepting only dollar coins is people dont generally carry dollar coins. If you dispense them as change and they get say $5 worth of them and they use them all but could use another minute to rinse they may not walk back to a changer for more, but if they can grab 2 more quarters out of the ash tray for more time they are more likely to do that. I dispense tokens and love it. I make .75 on unused coins, I accept quarters, dollar coins, tokens, bills and credit cards. The more ways to get the $$$ that people have on them is the goal. I run my triple foam gun and foam brush really heavy so it takes a while to rinse. Very rarely will you get a complaint about too much soap!! But run light and everyone complains.

Randy

Reaction score
I wouldn't use Dollar coins because of the threat of someone breaking into the equipment, equipment room or pulling the changer out of the wall. I had a friend of mine who had his changer pulled out of the front wall with a stolen wrecker. He had 2" angle iron welded to the changer from the ceiling to floor and from side to side. The whole front of the car wash came out with the changer. He got it all of video. 45K in damages.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have 4 washes and dispense dollar coins and tokens, no quarters. We probably deposit $2000 in quarters every week, all carried in by the customers. There's no way I would not accept quarters.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I've been dispensing $ coins and wouldn't quit them,usage is double versus quarters.Cash @ the meterbox is also higher than quarters.My bank orders dollar coin in every 2 weeks for me and I don't a premium for the service.

chaz

Reaction score
Yeah. Gotta make is easy for customers to spend $ at wash. Like I said I dispense dollar coins but customers can pay with bills, quarters and credit

I buy dollar coins in bulk bags and deposit bulk quarters in bank provided bags. No fees from my bank!

MEP001

Reaction score
I had planned on putting dollar coins in the auto cashier hopper for change, then found out that all the banks here charge for them, up to $35 for 500 coins. I had initially set up everything to take them, but I don't think I've gotten 100 from customers in 13 years.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Thought about it, then thought tokens might be better but wonder about any negative feedback that might happen. Been getting quite a bit of “quarter buyers” lately.

I dispense only dollar coins in the auto cashiers. Users there typically carry 20’s.

Etowah

chaz

Reaction score
Wow. Time for a new bank that doesn’t charge customers for change. Do they pay you for your wrapped bills? My bank provides bulk dollar coins and accepts by bulk quarters at face value.

Up to you I guess if you want to switch to tokens. I’ve done quite well by switching to dollar coins in my ACW and change machine. All my pricing is in even dollars ( Except vendor). Since I’ve been on the dollar coins my income is up as a result of folks adding another dollar rather than a quarter. I’ve all but ended the issue with someone coming just for change....though I do have the occasional “customer”that collects dollar coins.