What's new

Dollar acceptor only takes $1 and $5 bills

pmullens1985

Reaction score
I currently have MEI bill acceptors on my self serve bays and the dang things won’t take higher than a $5 dollar bill. It seems To be fairly costly for converting 4 to changers that accept 10,20’s what’s everyone thoughts on doing that versus leaving jt alone? Keep in mind, i have nayax units being installed onto them shortly.
thanks!

Randy

Reaction score
Since your accepting credit cards I'd leave it alone. At almost $475 a pop it could get pretty expensive, but if you want them I'll be happy to sell you them. We've pulled all the validators out of the coin boxes, to much of a prime target for the thieves.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Currently receive about 50/50 cash to quarters but like you said at close to 1500 to upgrade whilst CC is being installed this week. Thought pre emptive jump

MEP001

Reaction score
Since you're already taking bills in your bays, it would be good to take $10s. Look for used ones on eBay, but I doubt you'll have much luck right now. You could always replace one at a time as you have problems with them. Adding CC will lower the need to accept larger bills.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
Since you're already taking bills in your bays, it would be good to take $10s. Look for used ones on eBay, but I doubt you'll have much luck right now. You could always replace one at a time as you have problems with them. Adding CC will lower the need to accept larger bills.
Great advice right there