What's new

Dog Wash Pricing

carwash11147

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build a new SS car wash with a dog wash. Just wondering what people are charging in the dog wash? How much to start and how many minutes? Are you accepting credit cards in the dog wash and if so what % of sales? Any recommendations for the dog wash bay set up i.e. bay features, lighting, ventilation, etc.

sparkey

Reaction score
I charge $5 for 8 minutes. I just opened my dogwash 4 days ago so I can't give much feedback.

bigleo48

Reaction score
All info has been covered at great lengths...

carwash11147

Reaction score
All info has been covered at great lengths...
Yes it has and I have read all of it. Thank you. Most of the threads and proceeding comments are four or five years old. A lot has changed since then in equipment, competition and costs. I'm looking for current info. on the pet wash business.

bigleo48

Reaction score
$5 to start 70 cents/min, CC sales are about 20%, Avg Cash sale is $8, Avg CC Sale is $12

Setup has not changed.

-Pet Vac is a must and easy $, plus helps with cleanup
-Flea & Tick shampoo is not profitable and of dubious effectiveness
-I don't have a disinfectant option...we disinfect the room daily ourselves.
-I do not supply aprons, but sell then in vendor.

carwash11147

Reaction score
$5 to start 70 cents/min, CC sales are about 20%, Avg Cash sale is $8, Avg CC Sale is $12

Setup has not changed.

-Pet Vac is a must and easy $, plus helps with cleanup
-Flea & Tick shampoo is not profitable and of dubious effectiveness
-I don't have a disinfectant option...we disinfect the room daily ourselves.
-I do not supply aprons, but sell then in vendor.
Thank you for your input! You say flea & tick shampoo is not profitable, is this just because of lack of use or is it some other reason? Speaking of dubious effectiveness, any idea how well the Deskunking shampoo works?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Flea & Tick is too expensive...so when you look at the cost to dispense it, you'll quickly find out that it may exceed what your charging per minute. Plus the shampoo needs to sit on the dog for a while to be effective. Nobody will do this when the clock is ticking.

Deskunk is good, but don't call it that or only people will only use it on dogs that have been sprayed with skunks. Call it "Stink Buster" or something like it and it will get used more often.

WikiWash

Reaction score
We were at $3 for 4 mins which comes out to $0.75/min with our old coin boxes which had no visual timer and only accepted quarters and tokens. Now I just recently updated our coin boxes. They now take quarters, tokens, $1, $5, $10 and cryptopay with a digital timer. I checked out my competitor he has the same coin box but without cryptopay and he is at $7 for 10 mins at $0.70/min. And another competitor is at $5 for 10 mins at $0.50/min. For cryptopay's sake its better to have a higher start up than a lower one due to fees. So I am $7 for 10 mins at $0.70/min compared to $0.75/min. I had a customer come in and say I raised the price and I informed her that its actually cheaper now.

The new boxes have only been online for a month now. I have noticed more cash bills than quarters and tokens, which is great! Also I thought credit cards were going to be higher but they aren't. I am fine with low CC transactions bc of the fees. I was told it was only suppose to be 2.5% but it looks more like 5%. I am going to contact worldpay to find out whats going on. I just have the cryptopay CC for customer convenience and hoping for them to spend more money than they would with cash.