What's new

Dog Wash + Ice/Water Machine

B31416

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with dog washes or ice/water machines being part of their car wash site plans?

Also interested in ROI and general maintenance feedback.

Thx

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ice machines are a nightmare!!! Unless you get a couple busy restaurant accounts, & can service it yourself, STAY AWAY.

sjb

Reaction score
In April 2022, We added 2 new Evolution Dog Washes to our 8 bay SS in Atlanta…

the response has been very positive with a lot of repeat dog washers….

The numbers/revenue is still small, but growing every day. We are in a very dog friendly area with a lot of (expensive) apartments and condominiums….

It’s cool to see on the crypto reports customers using the wash bays, vacs and dog washes!

see some pictures on DogWashAtlanta on Instagram.

Best of luck to you!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure there isn't a Petsmart or Tractor Supply or some other business that offers unlimited washing and supplies for a set fee.

Ice machines can do really well around here in the summer. I know several people who have them and make good money off them.

cpattillo7

Reaction score
i've also been looking at the ice machiness. i think Koolerie was a brand I had looked into. anyone know about it?

MEP001

Reaction score
Kooler Ice. I know a guy with a couple of them. Pretty fast recovery so the machine isn't huge, all stainless steel, low maintenance.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Kooler Ice. I know a guy with a couple of them. Pretty fast recovery so the machine isn't huge, all stainless steel, low maintenance.
They're definitely not all Stainless. The frame is aluminum, but that's really ok. The ice bin is good grade plastic & encapsulated in foam. Actually does a good job keeping it freezing. The ice maker is a Scottaman. I had the small machine, but my ice maker had dbl panels, meaning dbl drops & dbl the ice making capacity. The bags are pretty easy to change, takes about 3 minutes. Find YOUR OWN COMPANY to buy bags, do NOT use Kooler. They are too expensive & too big, so it looks like they're not as full. Smaller bags= fuller bags & customers feel like they're getting a bargain. Ha
Id highly suggest you buy used. They definitely do best in high Mexican ethnic areas. Also, don't put it in a super nice area, cause everyone has an icemaker in their fridge.

MEP001

Reaction score
They're definitely not all Stainless.
The ones the guy showed me are all stainless. It might not be Kooler Ice but it looks the same to me, I'll have to get back with him. He's bought two, the first was a smaller unit and demand was higher than expected so he bought their bigger one. Last I talked to him he was wanting to sell the smaller one which is barely a year old.

Keno

Reaction score
The ones the guy showed me are all stainless. It might not be Kooler Ice but it looks the same to me, I'll have to get back with him. He's bought two, the first was a smaller unit and demand was higher than expected so he bought their bigger one. Last I talked to him he was wanting to sell the smaller one which is barely a year old.
We are looking into installing an ice machine and maybe interested if he is selling his less than year old model.

We have had ice machines in our retail businesses in the past, not these automatic ones, just manual ice machines. Definitely would recommend Hoshizaki ice machine heads over all others, they are built like a tank and will consistently produce ice with the suggested maintenance.

water guy

Reaction score
Biggest Problem with Ice Machines now is Part's. I definitely would not invest in something I can't get Part's for

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score

the response has been very positive with a lot of repeat dog washers….

The numbers/revenue is still small, but growing every day. We are in a very dog friendly area with a lot of (expensive) apartments and condominiums….

It’s cool to see on the crypto reports customers using the wash bays, vacs and dog washes!

see some pictures on DogWashAtlanta on Instagram.

Best of luck to you!
Very cool setup against the wall. The potted plants add a nice, exotic touch! 👍🌞🪴

Reactions: sjb

Rainway

Reaction score
Curious on the Evolution choice - did you research "All Paws" or "iClean" and rule them out?

Rainway

Reaction score
I've started to look into a dog wash, I'm thinking a connex conversion would be the most economical (vs buying a connex conversion from All Paws Pet Wash). Ideally I want to have something like this from 5 star car wash. 5 star dog wash 3.jpg