What's new

Dog Wash Controls

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I found a fabricator here in my area that is going to build the tubs for me for a very reasonable price. I'm still debating on powder coated steel, stainless, or aluminum...they all have their pros can cons, and would be interested on hearing thoughts on the subject.

More importantly, I am looking at getting the controls set up now. I was just going to use a smart relay as the brains of the operation since the actual system setup is not that complicated. Does this seem sensible?

What about the mechanicals of your operation? The chemicals are pulled in through a venturi flow system correct? Besides a tempering valve, is there anything else that I am missing?

I love these winter projects! Thanks!!!

:)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my first reaction is stainless steel. but powder coating is nice, too.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bubbles,

Stainless! Don't powder coat as it will eventually chip off (and ingested by dogs).

For controls, I know ginsan has a wiring diagram of theirs on their website. PM me if you can't find it.

Big

bighead

Reaction score
speaking of Ginsan....

http://www.carwashconsignment.com/wiki/CWC/RecentListings

this might be something worth looking at, if it works out for you.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bubbles,

I agree with BigLeo. I am starting to think by the sound of them doing whatever against some walls that some dogs affect vulnerable surfaces. I can hear it when I walk by the building. We used 14 gauge stainless.

MEP001

Reaction score
The wiring and controls shouldn't need to be any more complicated than a SS bay. You could use an Etowah Valley meter box - the rest is just wiring to solenoids and relays.

Check out these tubs:

http://www.tristarvet.com/

Last edited:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys! Lots of good options out there! I think overall when its all said and done, my biggest expense will be the aluminum storefront needed to close off the bay from the elements!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Have you considered glass like a shopping Center front, possibly with a nice canopy over your entrance doors. Lots of good lighting. I would look at Tri Star Fabricating for stainless steel tubs. They are out of Houston, Texas. Kleen Rite and others have the coin boxes. I actually don't think this has to be a big expensive project. These tubs are 16 guage and seem to be well thought out and built to last. Good decals are inexpensive and very available. Just a thought.