What's new

Dog Wash Chem Suppliers

Dave in IL

Reaction score
We have been getting our dog wash chemicals from Chemquest (Hobo, Inc). They have recently announced they are exiting from the dog wash chemical market so we are now in the position of finding a new supplier. I have been looking around the internet but thought I would see if any of you have a supplier you are happy with. I would prefer to get all the products from one supplier but pricing seems to be varied considerably product to product.

Any suggestions? A supplier you were not happy with?

cooll903

Reaction score
If you are in Illinois try to give a guy named Frank Lane a call at custom chemical out of springfield 217-529-0878. tell him Josh from Trojan Car Wash sent you.

Dave in IL

Reaction score
I am in Central Illinois, so Springfield is not far away. Thanks for the tip.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Dave & others,

Have you checked with Kleen-Rite?

Did any of your ChemQuest-Hobo Dog Wash Chemicals gradually get some slime form inside their pails ... especially during the warmer summer months?

I wonder how long of a 1" diameter type M copper pipe left inside of the 5 gallon pail of dog wash chemical-shampoo concentrate could possibly prevent that from slime from forming? Would it be a good idea to make sure the copper is always kept 100% clean ... in other words replacing with brand new copper once a year???

I believe some car wash operators have been successful doing that with their pails of foaming brush shampoo ... so I ask them the same questions as above that probably would apply to both.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting slime in the pail. If you are, switch to something else, don't screw around with something that could harm someone's pet.

Dave in IL

Reaction score
Dave & others,

Have you checked with Kleen-Rite?

Did any of your ChemQuest-Hobo Dog Wash Chemicals gradually get some slime form inside their pails ... especially during the warmer summer months?

I wonder how long of a 1" diameter type M copper pipe left inside of the 5 gallon pail of dog wash chemical-shampoo concentrate could possibly prevent that from slime from forming? Would it be a good idea to make sure the copper is always kept 100% clean ... in other words replacing with brand new copper once a year???

I believe some car wash operators have been successful doing that with their pails of foaming brush shampoo ... so I ask them the same questions as above that probably would to both.
Yes, I have looked at Kleen-Rite. To your question concerning slime, no problems with that happening.

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe you already know this but in case not JBS sells dog wash products so you could get everything from one supplier. We don't use any of their dog wash products so I can't say anything about them but we are fairly satisfied with their car wash products.

sparkey

Reaction score
Carwash superstore, all paws petwash also sells petwash chemicals

cooll903

Reaction score
Carwash superstore, all paws petwash also sells petwash chemicals
but custom chemial solutions is only about a 30 minute drive for dave and only about a 10 minute drive for me. that means he dont have to pay for shipping costs.

Dave in IL

Reaction score
Maybe you already know this but in case not JBS sells dog wash products so you could get everything from one supplier. We don't use any of their dog wash products so I can't say anything about them but we are fairly satisfied with their car wash products.
Yes, I have talked with 3 different people at JBS over the past month or so. Each has promised to send me info but I have yet to get anything from them. In my last conversation I was told the entire distribution process is handled by All Paws.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've used Blendco exclusively from when I bought my wash. My distributor's prices are literally the same as KR. Customers like the product. I just make sure that the show is good but I'm not wasting product.