What's new

Does Having a Leaf Blower Help at Your SSCW?

Carl

Reaction score
So I never bought one for clean-up purposes at my SSCW because I just assumed my attendants would be lazy and use it to blow litter into the grass rather than do normal thorough sweeping but my question is...

...has having a leaf blower been invaluable to you at your SSCW and for what various reasons do you use it for? If you do recommend one, are rechargeable versions adequate or which kind do you recommend to get? Is your leaf blower big and bulky or relatively light and compact?

Thanks,

Carl

KleanRide

Reaction score
My previous attendant that came with the wash would blow litter into the grass, but my new guy picks up all the litter first and then uses the blower for leaves and dirt. It's all in how you train them. My blower is a gas model and yes, it gets a lot of use.

fastlx

Reaction score
I use mine all the time for leaves, and just general clean up. I have a battery powered unit. It is a green works 60 volt. I wouldn't be without one.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't have any trees that drop leaves on the lot, so a leaf blower isn't necessary. I sweep thoroughly around all the vacs every day with a push broom, and that barely takes five minutes.

I used to manage a wash that was so busy and got so messy that I had to use a leaf blower for all the trash.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use mine all the time for leaves, and just general clean up. I have a battery powered unit. It is a green works 60 volt. I wouldn't be without one.
Someone left a 60V EGO Green Works battery at my wash I'll send you for the cost of postage.

fastlx

Reaction score
I'll send you a UPS label if you message me with your address. Thanks. Vic

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a battery powered leaf blower this year and love it. It's great for cleaning out the Bays around the VAcs and even drying cars once in a while.

Randy

Reaction score
I use a Stihl BG56CE blower. https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/homeowner-blowers/bg56ce/ I use it almost every time I go the car wash, 3 times a week. This time of the year I use it to blow off the leaves that get blown out of the back of pickup trucks or from neighbor’s trees. In the summer I use it to blow away the dirt and that accumulates in the lot, I’m surprised at how much dirt accumulates on the lot. It only takes about 15 minutes to blow down the lot.

Martins

Reaction score
I have a commercial grade echo backpak blower i use to “sweep” my parking lot. Get all the rocks/debris etc makes it much easier to make the lot look nicer. Obviously a little broom and pal action first to get the trash up.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you have a carwash without a big Push blower we use ours 365 days a year except for sideways rain & snow. I reccomend Little wonder with honda engine or a billy goat. We pick up all trash then wash out bays and mulch & normal debris then blow every morning and evening to give it a professional crip clean look. Probably one of the most used tools at the wash. I have several backpack & handheld sthil blowers but nothing cleans a parking lot like a push blower. Every serious operator uses these in my area since I can remember.

Randy

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you have a carwash without a big Push blower we use ours 365 days a year except for sideways rain & snow. I reccomend Little wonder with honda engine or a billy goat. We pick up all trash then wash out bays and mulch & normal debris then blow every morning and evening to give it a professional crip clean look. Probably one of the most used tools at the wash. I have several backpack & handheld sthil blowers but nothing cleans a parking lot like a push blower. Every serious operator uses these in my area since I can remember.
I used to have a Billy Goat sweeper. I got rid of it, to time consuming, I can do it faster with the blower and it took up way to much room in the equipment room. My brother had a couple of little wonder sweepers, he also got rid of them.

Twodose

Reaction score
I have a Stihl BR600 backpack blower, it is always in the back of my truck, also have a br 400 that I don’t use much and a smaller bg86 stihl that I use around the house, along with the br600. I would call them indispensable, I’m out in the country and there are leaves all over in the fall, but I use it for cleaning the whole paved part of the wash on any given day winter, summer, spring and fall, also use it when I clean the vacs, you wouldn’t believe the amount of dust that comes out of the vacs using the br600 < this thing can move a brick, I probably have the cleanest vacs around, never change the vac bags, and I can clear a large lot in about 10min, I know it probably wouldn’t be great in a larger city where there are business’ close to you, but for me it is a workhorse.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I used to have a Billy Goat sweeper. I got rid of it, to time consuming, I can do it faster with the blower and it took up way to much room in the equipment room. My brother had a couple of little wonder sweepers, he also got rid of them.
Randy Billy Goat makes blowers also with honda 13 hp engines and Subaru engines is what I have at both washes and at my home. The sweepers are useless I can blow rocks, concrete whatever with the big blowers and a BR600 sthil for detail work vac islands and blowing out the corners of the automatic bay

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have Stihl backpack blowers at the washes. The Billy Goat vacuums are handy for cleaning up around the vacuum islands and bays while customers are on the lot.

Part of the SOP for your employees should be to sweep up any artificial debris first before blowing.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine running a wash without a handheld blower. I tried both the Billy Goat vac and backpack blowers, both of which were more trouble, which equates to being used less often. The bay exit and entrance are always the worst spots to keep looking good. A quick grab of the handheld blower, blows the debris into the bay and wash it down the drain. I also used them around the vacs some, after sweeping up the larger stuff. I had a competitor once complain to me about keeping my places so clean... :)

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Stihl BR700 back pack blower gets used daily. I also have a nice little Ryobi battery powered handheld but it's a toy compared to the Stihl

Allen

Reaction score
I use the Stihl BR600 backpack at my washes. Keep at each location for daily use. Might try a larger model after they wear out.
Attendant's sweep up trash and then blow out bays and lot. I've been using the Stihl's daily for 20 years with very few problems.