What's new

Does anyone using Etowah quick pay timers with credit card have experience switching your phone service to VoIP?

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I use Etowah quick pay timers which use modems to call for credit card use. The AT&T rates for my phone lines have been going up and up. When I called AT&T they offered me a big discount if I switched to VoIP service, which believe does the phone service over the internet rather than phone lines. They said there would be no difference in the line quality. But when I spoke with Jim Gosnell from Etowah, he said he had some customers that had problems when making the switch to VoIP where the credit card transactions aren’t able to go through because of noise on the lines. Has anyone tried VoIP while using Etowah timers? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! John

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I did. I had enough unexplainable issues that I switched back.
I have good quality internet at the wash, and I paid for a voip device so its not like I rigged something on an old cell phone.
I dont think it was "noise", there are too many billions of other transactions being processed on voip, I suspect its an architectural thing. But admittedly thats just my common sense opinion. Bottom line is I tried it twice for a month or two each time, and gave up.