What's new

Does anyone use or has tried JBS's Omega Dry product?

WikiWash

Reaction score
Does anyone use or has tried JBS's Omega Dry product? How do you like it compared to other products?

MEP001

Reaction score
The crickets that use JBS must not know how to use the forum yet.

washnshine

Reaction score
I did not want to comment since I have not used Omega Dry, but their Samurai Shield (total vehicle protectant) is very good. I think JBS touts Omega Dry as having the qualities of a TVP with the cost efficiency of a DA. If it acts like Samurai Shield, it should be good.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Omega dry is no different than many other dying agents.

It contains ethanol (reduces surface tension), amine salt (confers gloss and smoothness) and surfactant (proprietary).

So, Omega would improve sheeting (hydrophilic) and possibly bead-up (hydrophobic) of rinse water. You can’t say for sure though because surfactant is not identified.

Samurai contains “same ingredients” as omega dry except samurai contains siliconized wax (not established).

If its copolyol wax, it would improve sheeting effect. If it’s a combination of carnauba and copolyol wax, it would improve sheeting and bead-up.

So, omega will not work as well as samurai. It doesn’t contain any wax.

WikiWash

Reaction score
Omega dry is no different than many other dying agents.

It contains ethanol (reduces surface tension), amine salt (confers gloss and smoothness) and surfactant (proprietary).

So, Omega would improve sheeting (hydrophilic) and possibly bead-up (hydrophobic) of rinse water. You can’t say for sure though because surfactant is not identified.

Samurai contains “same ingredients” as omega dry except samurai contains siliconized wax (not established).

If its copolyol wax, it would improve sheeting effect. If it’s a combination of carnauba and copolyol wax, it would improve sheeting and bead-up.

So, omega will not work as well as samurai. It doesn’t contain any wax.
Hi Robert

Since not all of the chemicals are not considered hazmat they aren't required to list everything in them. You will on some msds sheets "propitory blend" which basically means it's a secret. The Omega Dry has a product in it called SQS, which similar to what you would find in Rain X or Samurai Shield, which gives you a more notable longer lasting shine as well as a dryer car.

Do you know what SQS is?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“Our newest high beading clear coat protectant. Omega Dry is a hybrid product that brings performance of a TVP (Total Vehicle Protectant) with the cost effectiveness of a clearcoat sealer.”

Note: “brings performance of TVP” but it is not a total body protectant product.

This comes from MSDS;

Product/Material Uses

DRYING AGENT FOR AUTOMATED CARWASH EQUIPMENT

High beading implies hydrophobic effect is stronger than hydrophilic effect of surfactant (proprietary) added to compound.

Ingredient doesn’t necessarily have to be hazmat to be included in MSDS.

For example, there are lots of MSDS where “water” is listed as ingredient (60 to 70 percent by weight). This is called full-disclosure MSDS.

Active ingredients must be included in MSDS. However, I found nothing on SQS in any of the literature.

Sounds like S.O.S. instead.

Please enlighten me. I'm all ears.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I’m not treading on JBS.

However, where’s the beef on how the mystical SQS transforms ordinary $0.10 drying agent into product that performs like $0.75 total body or double bond?

I found SQS listed as [(E,1R,2R)-2-hydroxy-1-(hydroxymethyl)heptadec-3-enyl]ammonium is ligands or complexing agent used to form compounds.

Also found squalene synthase (SQS) which is an enzyme in cholesterol metabolism.

So, what is this SQS?

WikiWash

Reaction score
Active ingredients must be included in MSDS. However, I found nothing on SQS in any of the literature.

Sounds like S.O.S. instead.

Please enlighten me. I'm all ears.
My recent post was almost word for word what JBS told me. Don't shoot the messenger! I'm just here to learn.