What's new

Does anyone stock a decal like this?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I'm going to start dispensing a few tokens along with my dollar coins. Does anyone sell a stock decal that says that? I've looked in the Dultmeier and Kleenrite catalogs and don't see one. I hate to have one or two custom made.

Keith

Bandit

Reaction score
Call around for a local printer to make your decals ? I have and it has been easier for me to have someone design them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I just printed one I typed out in Word and laminated it onto the changer with packing tape. English and Spanish, "Due to changer abuse, we are now dispensing a mix of tokens and quarters. Tokens will work with all car wash equipment and are not refundable." I included images of a quarter and a token.

chaz

Reaction score
I just printed one I typed out in Word and laminated it onto the changer with packing tape. English and Spanish, "Due to changer abuse, we are now dispensing a mix of tokens and quarters. Tokens will work with all car wash equipment and are not refundable." I included images of a quarter and a token.
I guess that works. I’ve been considering something similar....but it looks like my switch to dollar coins has greatly reduced those needing laundry change...
My wording was going to be a bit more positive..... “Our changers provide a mix of US coins and tokens. Tokens are accepted at all of our car wash equipment”

pgrzes

Reaction score
I feel the only people that dont like them are the ones that purchased them unknowingly. No matter how big we have it emblazoned on our changers people will still throw a 5,10 or even a 20 in there and demand a refund. No sorry we dont do that here. Argument ensues, point to big decal that a almost blind person can read. Away they go. Regulars love them, I love them as I make about .72 per coin. Dollar coins make me NADA!!

Reactions: sjb

Roz

Reaction score
Customers do not complain when we switched to $1 tokens since we give bonus tokens for a $10 or $20 bill. We now get more $10 and $20 bills in the changer. Only effort is to sort the tokens from the quarters as we still get a lot of quarters even though we do not dispense them. Definitely a nice plus when we made the change.

wash12

Reaction score
Customers do not complain when we switched to $1 tokens since we give bonus tokens for a $10 or $20 bill. We now get more $10 and $20 bills in the changer. Only effort is to sort the tokens from the quarters as we still get a lot of quarters even though we do not dispense them. Definitely a nice plus when we made the change.
How do you sort the quarters/tokens sounds like a pain to do every time you pull. Have you seen an increase in revenue or bay time since switching to tokens?

Randy

Reaction score
How do you sort the quarters/tokens sounds like a pain to do every time you pull. Have you seen an increase in revenue or bay time since switching to tokens?
We use a Scan Coin 303 counter/sorter. It only takes a few minutes, not a big deal.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're just now looking at adding tokens and you plan to use a counter, consider that most counters can only off-sort a smaller coin. If the bulk will be dollar coins with a few tokens mixed in, you might want a token smaller than the dollar coin. I'm only using a handful of tokens in the changer mixed with quarters and the tokens are larger, so I'd have to run all the quarters through twice.

Roz

Reaction score
Yes, we use a sorter. Klopp makes one too. Only issue is that you probably want to order a new one with a custom slot for the tokens.
I can sort and count $1000 in mixed coins in 20 mins. The many PROS outweigh any extra effort to sort the coins (only CON), and the mix has been steadily moving toward more tokens. Should have done the move sooner.

Randy

Reaction score
My compeditor looses in the neighborhood of 10,000 tokens a year. Each token costs him around 20 cent each, he sells them for a dollar each. That's a pretty good profit for selling shiney coins that never get redeemed for a vending product or a wash.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
That's what I'll do. Thanks for the reply.

MEP001

Reaction score
Tokens should provide security and convenience for customers, not a built in profit for the operator. Keep thinking about payment systems that do not use coins. Most people today do not want to deal with coins or bills for payment, IMO.
FWIW, I only use tokens to prevent changer abuse, not for either of the reasons you stated. I'm guessing Keith Baker is planning the same.

MEP001

Reaction score
I feel the only people that dont like them are the ones that purchased them unknowingly. No matter how big we have it emblazoned on our changers people will still throw a 5,10 or even a 20 in there and demand a refund. No sorry we dont do that here. Argument ensues, point to big decal that a almost blind person can read. Away they go. Regulars love them, I love them as I make about .72 per coin. Dollar coins make me NADA!!
I know one operator who switched to all tokens, and he told me he had the same issues with people who wanted quarters for laundry or whatever and got tokens instead. He said he'd refund them with the same denomination bill they had put in the changer, and half the time they'd still argue that they wanted quarters. He'd tell them sorry, nothing takes quarters, there are none here.

LAF

Reaction score
I ordered some custom decals with 2 line message for $4.65 each shipped on amazon including shipping.
can you share the link for the decal you used? I would love to find something that will stand up to the water and the weather.

Etowah