What's new

Does anyone have a Sonny's i5 In bay Auto

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
Was looks to upgrade a Touch less to a brush mach. How well does it work? How cars can I get through it in a hour?

mac

Reaction score
I dopn't operate one, but I have watched two of these get installed in Florida. On both it took a month to get it installed. This was with factory help. There were many calls for tech help. The last one is aparantly still not right. I can give you the owner's phone number if you wish. My guess is that they are still on the steep side of the learning curve. As a competitor it was fun to watch.

txheat

Reaction score
I dopn't operate one, but I have watched two of these get installed in Florida. On both it took a month to get it installed. This was with factory help. There were many calls for tech help. The last one is aparantly still not right. I can give you the owner's phone number if you wish. My guess is that they are still on the steep side of the learning curve. As a competitor it was fun to watch.
can you give the number to the i5 owner?

Kwwash

Reaction score
Sonny's inlay auto I5 brush unit

It's my first day on this site.
I own and operate a I5. I did the complete install myself, and the install took me no longer than three weeks.
The machine did take a while to get completely dialed in, but once it is I believe you will have a hard time finding anything that will compete with it.

I'm not a distributor. Been in the business 23 years, and have owned 3PDQ- 1ryko softgloss, 1oasis typhoon.

gearhead

Reaction score
Cars Per Hour?

To Kwwash,

What is a real world car per hour figure for that machine if you dont mind me asking?

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
kwwash, how has the I5 been for you up till now? What is the realistic cars per hour you could count on with this unit? Thanks

JohnDHill

Chem,Equip,Service-Calif
Reaction score
I have installed I5’s and work on them for customers.

The install takes no longer that any other unit. About 5 to 7 working days if you know what you are doing. About the wash time express is about 3 minutes to wash with no dry. Best wash is about 5 to 8 minutes based on what you have in your packages. You need to have an internet connection. The I5 is very dependent on the ability of Sonny’s to connect into the unit to dial it in and to keep it dialed in. Also as an FYI the I5 has been sold to Oasis Carwash System. I believe this is a very good change for this car wash. The I5 is a rolling tank. Built to last and very easy to work on and Oasis is great to work with on questions and parts.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
The i5 seems pretty mediocre. Autec, Broadway and similar 5-touch in-bay rollovers wash more cars an hour and don’t need complexity of internet connection to OEM to stay dialed in. The way I see it, Oasis saves R&D and Sonny’s dumps a revenue dog. I suspect Oasis will make a lot of changes to i5.

mac

Reaction score
I find these some interesting comments on this machine. Any prospective buyer of the I% or whatever they call it, should be very aware of the connection issues.As much as I dislike the toads at Ryko, they at least gotm it right on a 5 brush rollover many years ago. I was at a wash in Florida to witness firsthand the installation of some of their first ones. It wasn't pretty. The first one I saw took three weeks, and that was with two factory guys, and two seperate guys who were going to be service people. And they had eleven freaking chemical dispenser systems for a 5 brush rollover. The Hydrominder setups took up a big area in the equipment room. The second one I personally witnessed also took 3 weeks, and there seemed to be a lot of issues after it opened. These guys were like many before them. They made the same mistakes and now seem tom want to offload the reliability responsability onto Oasis. As a competitor down here in Florida this is fun to watch.

sprocket

Reaction score
When I looked at the I5 the salesman never said anything about it would have to have a internet connection to operate, why does it have to have one?