What's new

Does anyone have a ice machine at your wash?

APW

Reaction score
Have the opportunity to buy a ice machine that is a couple years old. Small footprint, produces 60 bags a day. Does anyone have one at their wash or do you think this would be a good idea? There is only one other ice machine on the other end of town.

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
Have the opportunity to buy a ice machine that is a couple years old. Small footprint, produces 60 bags a day. Does anyone have one at their wash or do you think this would be a good idea? There is only one other ice machine on the other end of town.
When I recently visited the Car wash and Convince in Calgary last month a lot of operator were offering water stations and ice.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Offering this line of business at a car wash baffles me. I've never needed a bag of ice and said to myself "I'll just head up to the local car wash and grab a bag", nor have any of my customers asked me for it. However, perhaps in my area it's not the norm, in other areas it might be. I can see if your near a lake where a lot of boaters come through, or other recreation events where customers are in need of ice, then perhaps so. What I'm saying is, if there is a need, go for it. If you're trying to create demand, I scratch my head.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I’m with Jim L on this. I don’t understand why anyone would go to the expense and headache of installing and maintaining an Ice – water machine when you can buy a bag of ice at every C store, grocery store, Walgreens and CVS in town. One of the local grocery stores installed a water dispenser, it lasted about 6 months before the health department forced them to remove it for having to high bacteria levels.

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
Every Market is different and it depends on the demographic and location of course. If you have the extra $$ and willing to invest and can bear the possible loss than why not? It can be another added service your offering to your customers. That is just my opinion. :D