What's new

Does anyone build a Rear / Equipment Room Access Meter Box ?

softsuds

Reaction score
Working away at building my own equipment , pieces and parts to remodel my little SS wash. 3 Bay with equipment room
between 1 & 2. Would like to install New Meter boxes with equipment room access and no door / lid out in the bay. Something
like my Coin Changer. Just more secure.

I'm sure I could get the cabinet fabricated if I could get the face plate laser cut for all of the openings and mountings.

Any suggestions ?

Vendors you can contact me via PM.... No worries , I'm asking for this info..

Thanks

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Any "vault ready" meter box will work for your 2 bays...just add 45 degree elbows to the coin outlets and hang buckets from them to catch the coins inside the equipment room.

softsuds

Reaction score
Any "vault ready" meter box will work for your 2 bays...just add 45 degree elbows to the coin outlets and hang buckets from them to catch the coins inside the equipment room.
I had thought of this but I'm really wanting no hinge, door, lock, anything on the outside.
Plus I want to install bill validators so that's why I'm trying this idea.

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the idea - you'll have to get help from someone just to change the rotary switch.

Maybe contact Hamilton and see what an empty changer housing would cost, or maybe even buy a couple changers and sell all the internals separately. Retail price of all the parts is more than a complete changer.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would think most any place that sells boxes could make you one from the existing box. You would just mount it backwrd and have them make holes in the back like they would on the front plate.

mac

Reaction score
Same thoughts on maintenance. Eventually you will have to replace or service the components mounted on the door.