What's new

Does anybody use a low ph powder based presoak?

kangamar

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m fairly new to the car wash industry and have been frequenting these forums in an attempt to learn as much as I can.

I’ve noticed that those of you who use powder-based presoaks tend to favour higher ph varieties (Simoniz’s Kleen, Correct etc).

What are you guys using as a low ph product if any at all? From my understanding, a low ph presoak is more effective at tackling certain types of dirt/film than higher ph presoaks. But I’m sure that varies greatly based on geographic area (I’m based in the NE)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PEI

Reaction score
Hi kangamar,

Welcome to the industry. Acids or low pH products are good for window mask, cleaning chrome, and aiding in drying. I am not aware of any low pH powder products, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. Most acids tend to occur as liquids so soap companies usually formulate them as liquids. Hydroxides that make up high pH products occur as solids so they are easier to make a powder with. High pH soaps bond with the road film and help to carry it off the vehicles surface.

Personally, I like JBS's CPS-100 for an acid (it is a liquid though). I hope this helps.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You're going to want to use use alkaline as part of the wash process; either as a single step or part of a two step system. Alkaline are needed to clean organics off the paint. I'm not aware of any operator that uses acids alone in the cleaning process. But someone might come along on this thread and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Greg, I use a powder high ph. Blue Flame by Kiddwash (Parker distributing). It is awesome, & very similar to AP Formulators Wash Masters. They are both great products, about $190 for 55 gallons.

I wish I knew as much about all this stuff as you guys. After 4 years I am still learning a LOT.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I haven't used powders in a long time, but I believe they will give more cleaning power in a one drum product than a liquid presoak.

I like the convenience of boosted liquid presoaks. I can get 3000 cars out of two 30 gallon drums so I don't have to frequently mix product.