What's new

Does any manufacturer makes a vacuum that accepts a code for a free cycle?

madstack

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing all my old vacs and using this feature for unlimited customers and high end packages.

Doyle Vacuum

Reaction score
We can easily integrate a key pad or bar code reader to do what you want to do, but the real issue is finding the controls company that can provide all of the hardware and software integration required. I talked to the people at Exacta about this in Nashville, because they always had a key pad system, but they would only do it if you (the wash owner) also used their pay station or entry unit... so it is much more of finding the controls company you want to use that can give you what you want, and then working with the vacuum manufacturer to integrate that hardware into the vacuum unit.

madstack

Reaction score
Thanks, they do happen to be old Doyle units (25-30 years old). They still work great but are getting run down looking.

madstack

Reaction score
I can see tokens for single washes but I have unlimiteds that come in 3-4x a week and will be expecting a token each time. A code would be good for that day.

Etowah

mac

Reaction score
I looked at doing this a while back and it’s easier than you think. There are small keypad boxes used to open gates outdoors. I think they were around $200. Relatively cheap and designed to sit outside.

OurTown

Reaction score
I looked at doing this a while back and it’s easier than you think. There are small keypad boxes used to open gates outdoors. I think they were around $200. Relatively cheap and designed to sit outside.

How would you integrate it into the auto cashier (so it gives you the code) and make the code only good for a specified time frame?

Doyle Vacuum

Reaction score
That's the challenge... mac is right about a simple key pad with a code, but with that you either have to give the same code to everyone, or you have to assign individual codes for each unlimited customer, but those become somewhat "permanent" codes, and over time, people would figure that out. We have done this for a few customers (like apartment complexes and fleet facilities) but it is not exactly what you are looking for.

I would have a conversation with the manufacturer of your auto cashier to see if they have any auxiliary hardware you could use for the vacuum.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I can see tokens for single washes but I have unlimiteds that come in 3-4x a week and will be expecting a token each time. A code would be good for that day.
So what if they use em 3x/week. They put all 3 tokens in your vac.. problem solved. But dang, if you have very many washing 4x/week, that's 17 washes/mo & costing you a $hitTon!

madstack

Reaction score
I don't think they will vacuum every time. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't want people handing them out. It defeats the purpose. Plus the costs of implementing a token system. I'd like it to be exclusive. I'm weighing this against just letting everyone use the vacs for free and hoping they'll wash as well.