What's new

docking dryer magnets not releasing

newboy

newbot
Reaction score
i have a lw 4000 with a docking dryer. the magnets are not releasing at the end of the wash. any ideas? thanks

Reaction score
i have a lw 4000 with a docking dryer. the magnets are not releasing at the end of the wash. any ideas? thanks
plc in the dryer not giving the command to drop power to the magnets, or y-47 and x-57 handshake relay communication error.

try changing the hand shake relay in the box in the dryer bottom center. x-57.
I have found this relay to be the culprit of a lot of different odd issues it's a cheap place to start

thumper

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. New communication festoon, PLC board, Power supply (24v) board and relay, reversed polarity to magnets. Both magnets are not releasing when dry cycle is over and bridge moves to go home, pulls dryer off home proc flag.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Reaction score
Ensure input X56 is on when dryer is at home.
Check the contacts on the plc, some times the Dryer PLC contacts stick, I some times recommend putting a single pole relay in the circut so the plc output doesnt power the magnets directly. This reduces the current load on the contact in the plc.
Check the ohms of each magnet, should be about 12 ohms.
Ensure that inputX56 is mirroring output Y 47, this will be a good indicator of your comms to the dryer.

Any questions give me a call
Regards
Mike

thumper

Reaction score
Turned out to be a bad magnet. Ohm checked ok and had reversed polarity and still would hang on.
Thanks Mike

Etowah