Do You Post Political Signs

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

Wash4Life

Reaction score
With the election season having heated up, I was wondering how many of you post political signage on your properties. Besides campaign signs, what comes to my mind as well is posting signage related to referendums.

We've posted political signage. Most of them are friends whose political beliefs match our areas. One time, there was a bad judge in town we campaigned against. It didn't work.

washnshine

Reaction score
With the election season having heated up, I was wondering how many of you post political signage on your properties. Besides campaign signs, what comes to my mind as well is posting signage related to referendums.

We've posted political signage. Most of them are friends whose political beliefs match our areas. One time, there was a bad judge in town we campaigned against. It didn't work.
No. IMHO, my place of business is not a place for my political views/opinions to be made public. No matter what I post, I probably stand the chance of somewhere between 40% and 60% of my customers seeing it “the other way”, so for some, that might mean they wash somewhere else

I’m sure many places do it and get away with it without any problem - it’s just a bridge I wish not to cross. I just want customers to wash with me for the quality of my product.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Subject dear to my heart. I post political signs onmy car wash property and depending on my mood that day I will gently point out a customers folly for voting Potus.I got pissed off at local eatery over bad service and protested in front of their business during lunch time. Of course I have lost some customers, also gained others. BTW I was on city council here and had arguments with customers over how I voted .It's unfortunate that people don't stand up for themselves because they are worried about what others might think of them.

washnshine

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that people don't stand up for themselves because they are worried about what others might think of them.
I don’t believe posting a political sign is standing up for yourself, it appears more as an advertisement, and I wish to keep the focus on my business rather than someone else’s.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
For a slightly different global perspective, it is very unusual here in Australia to have political signs etc. on businesses. Our political debate here in Australia seems to be much lower key than in the US, and I think most customers would feel a bit put off by political messaging, even if they happen to agree with that particular message.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't post political signs. It's not that I care about what other people think or I am worried about having to defend my position. It's about money. I'm in business to make as much money as I can. I'm not in business In order to announce my political views to the public. But hey it's a free country and if you feel like posting political signs it's right for you go for it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
No political or social justice signs with the exception of some urging people to tell reps to vote against a tax increase that will affect what things cost.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
At my washes heck no, but I let them post at all my mental properties. My ex was an elected politician and I wouldn't even put up one of her signs. lol

I see too many bumperstickers of the opposite party on cars to alienate them. I'll gladly take their money and use it to promote my ideals and candidates.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Religion and politics are the most divisive topics there are, no way I would ever want my business connected with either. Here I could post political signage for a particular side that probably 90% in this area would agree with, but there is no reason to alienate that other 10%.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Very timely topic! My car wash is located on a busy corner in town, traffic count is 102,000 cars a day. For the past 17 years, I have allowed friends to post their campaign signs, but things have become way too heated politically and divisive in California. Last year, I decided NOT to allow campaign signs. I'm working at my car wash a lot more, and have no interest in getting into an emotional political debate. Everyone has their opinion and I'm willing to listen to them for about 5 minutes. I rather save my time and energy, to run off the folks who are bucket washing, doing drugs or loitering! :O I'm in the business of washing cars and making money. I prefer to stay neutral, keep the atmosphere peaceful & positive and keep my customers coming back!

traveler17

Reaction score
The only time I get political is when I’m asked why am I raising prices “which is an absurd question “. Answer: elections have consequences

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I started to once....But then it quickly turned into a Sh$t Show...Everybody and their brother wanted to put up "Their" sign...I got comments like "Well You Let Him put up His Sign". That lasted about 2 days and no more signs....Not even "Yard Sale" signs with an arrow pointing down the street...Like Randy said, my dumpster loves signs!

I have to cater to all sides of the isle when it comes to my place of business. My political views are just that, my political views. Not the Carwash....Look what happened to Dick Sporting Goods when they stopped selling firearms...They've been in a spiral ever since...I know I haven't set foot in the store since they made the announcement.

traveler17

Reaction score
I started to once....But then it quickly turned into a Sh$t Show...Everybody and their brother wanted to put up "Their" sign...I got comments like "Well You Let Him put up His Sign". That lasted about 2 days and no more signs....Not even "Yard Sale" signs with an arrow pointing down the street...Like Randy said, my dumpster loves signs!

I have to cater to all sides of the isle when it comes to my place of business. My political views are just that, my political views. Not the Carwash....Look what happened to Dick Sporting Goods when they stopped selling firearms...They've been in a spiral ever since...I know I haven't set foot in the store since they made the announcement.
Agreed, when it comes to my businesses I don’t care about red or blue. Green is my favorite 😬

OurTown

Reaction score
...Look what happened to Dick Sporting Goods when they stopped selling firearms...They've been in a spiral ever since...I know I haven't set foot in the store since they made the announcement.

They took it a little farther than that.

sjb

Reaction score
I would love too….’

However, I don’t have enough squirreled away…. And live in a bubble.

I did have a sign up for years saying “ where the heck is John Galt…? Most did not connect the dots…

I agree with the church and state approach to Biz… separate them!

STXCW

Reaction score
We had one put up without permission last year and they used rebar to anchor it. While driving it in the ground they hit the edge of the 1 1/4" main sprinkler line just enough to cause a leak that was very noticeable the next day.

MEP001

Reaction score
We had one put up without permission last year and they used rebar to anchor it. While driving it in the ground they hit the edge of the 1 1/4" main sprinkler line just enough to cause a leak that was very noticeable the next day.
Who paid for the repair?