What's new

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SHUREVEND (Jim Holve)

spotwash

Reaction score
I have purchased several vending machines from Jim Holve at Big Eagle Enterprises dba Shurevend on the Forum. I have never had a problem until now. I have paid in full for a vending machine and it has been since October when it was supposed to ship. He will not return voicemails, messages or any form of contact. I did find a third party that has had contact with him and he is fine. At this point I can't recommend anyone do business with him.

slash007

Reaction score
He was MIA for a while, but started posting again recently. Hopefully you will get an answer soon. I bought two from him with no issues, but that was a while back.

spotwash

Reaction score
Well unfortunately no contact from Jim. I guess that is how he does business. No vendor after full sending payment. No more payments to suppliers until products are delivered from now on.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I haven't been to the ICA show in a few years but in the past Jim always had a booth. Try checking the ICA site and see if he is going to be there this year. If he is, I'd be going and not leaving his booth until I had my cash in hand. If you can't go, maybe someone who is would be kind enough to make a bunch of commotion for you.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think he has a good enough reputation on this forum that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Aside from the nearly 100% positive I've heard about him here, I also know he's around 82 years old and may very well have suffered a health problem. He also lost his wife of 58 years on the first of 2017.

http://www.thesungazette.com/article/news/obituaries/2017/01/25/obituary-112/

MudMoney

Reaction score
I agree with MEP011,last year I had a guy that works on my changer go MIA for several months.He had lost his wife and was having tough time getting work done that his son was brought in to help.Give Jim some time to correct this transaction.

chaz

Reaction score
I’d agree give him the benefit of the doubt.

But at this point it’s been over a year since his wife died and 6 months since the vendor was paid for.

Must be another issue. Perhaps time for some detective work, I believe his vendors were rebranded AMS units maybe call them.
Another thought try and reach out to the children indentified in the Obit.

This guy was very active on the forum for many years....gotta be something missing. (I had a similar issue with the one man shop that serviced and installed my video system.....lucky for me I was only out my support fee for the year. I did search and found his obit...then his wife called me about a month later)

Eric H

Reaction score
I'll try to call his son today. I'm on the east coast so i have to wait for an appropriate time to call California. I've been holding off on calling hoping that Jim would pop up. I hold Jim in high regard and I really don't want to find out that something has happened to him...

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to him 3 weeks ago and he seemed to be OK

spotwash

Reaction score
I received a call from a freight company 9 months after placing the order. They had a delivery from Big Eagle. I understand that people can have difficult times, but it is all about communication. I did get an email from Jim the day after it arrived, saying it was on its way. It looks really good.