What's new

Do it yourself carpet cleaning solution

RadoCW

Reaction score
I’m currently tired of ordering carpet cleaning solutions from my distributor, and think it would be much quicker to make my own solution then to order from out of state. I was curious if any of you have tried this, and if so what did you end up using?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Are you asking about solution for Self Serve Machines or your personal use?

washnshine

Reaction score
If it’s a supply/ordering issue, is there a local janitorial supply store you could get a carpet cleaning solution at? The companies that make these chemicals have a lot more experience with chemistry and I’d tend to want to stick with their expertise in that area.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Making your own carpet cleaning chemicals sounds too risky. Best to stick with the large chemical manufacturers.

buda

Reaction score
I’m currently tired of ordering carpet cleaning solutions from my distributor, and think it would be much quicker to make my own solution then to order from out of state. I was curious if any of you have tried this, and if so what did you end up using?
I can give you a formula to manufacture it yourself. High quality shampoo used by detailers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You need to use the correct shampoo for DIY at the wash vending units. Some other types will stink if they sit in the machine for a month or more. Still others my clog and corrode certain portions of the unit especially tiny hose barbs.