What's new

Do Banks or Bill Counters Care?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Do banks or most automatic bill counter machines care nowadays if the operator brings in bills faced every different way? Maybe I am imaginng things again but at one time it seems like it was an issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
Depends on the bank - ours doesn't care as long as they're face up, some require they be oriented the same way. An automatic bill counter doesn't care either, but a discriminator might, again depends on the equipment. I sort the bills by hand before they get run through an automatic counter, and I face them because I'm anal. It doesn't take longer since I just make two piles for each direction and flip the few that are upside-down.

jprb

Reaction score
Niether my bank, nor my bill counter, cares. I think that the bank used to face them all the same, but I'm not sure if they still do. They have not requested we bring them in that way.

JPRB

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I face and sort. One of my favorite parts of this wild ride we call 'carwash ownership'.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Probably a lot of extra effort, but I face, sort, and bundle as well.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
My 2 SC series 600EF Standard Changer's bill sorter does the sorting but does require the "face up & oriented".

It is possible that a larger bill can go into the "ones" as a bill held. The bank has an option to use a counter that will separate the denominations & I am happy they use that one my bills to catch those larger denomination bills.

Does the MC series & the other brands of changers have that same ability to be more "bank ready"? I like the nifty way (for over 7 years now) we can run, check & archive the audits remotely via IP/TCP? Do the other changers have a similar capability with some "rolling up the sleeves"?

Last edited: