What's new

Dixmore weepmizer with Methanol changeover

washregal

Reaction score
Iam looking to add my changeover system through to my Dixmoore weppmizer.

The system should be much more accurate than my analog tehrmostats.. Question it.. on the purge... if I set no 2 output wich woul dbe my changeover to 35 deg as recommended by Dixmore.. and say I have a shadow or a cloud come over the thermostat to drop it from 36 - 35.. my stem will puge.

This on winter days could happen cositantly... Is there a delay from the time it hits 35 deg that it sends a signal to the changeover to purger or is it instant?

Just would be very upset if I run through all my methanol fast due to multiple purge scenarios... Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

MEP001

Reaction score
You would probably want something more than a Dixmor to control a purge. A program can be written for a PLC that prevents repeated purges, whereas a WeepMiser is intended to use water flow for freeze protection.

For the record, a thermostat only senses air temperature, and a sudden or short change in sunlight won't affect that.

washregal

Reaction score
Does anybody else use a dixmore with winter brush changeover?

If so - what kind of luck..?

Is it better to go with a dixmore over analog thermostats?

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes. You have a separate setting for the for the output #2. (check the directions sheet or go to the Dixmor website) You may set it to whatever you want. I set mine at 34 degrees for changeover. There is a 1 degree delay, therefore it will purge at 33. Then it has to go to 35 to change back to Summer soap. This prevents multiple purges. I have had no problems; as with the weep function it is very reliable. I do use 2 sensing devices, which I highly recommend. I place one on opposites sides of the building. The unit is set to act on the lowest temperature reading.

Randy

Reaction score
I have an Erie 3 way valve on my winter foam brush change over system. It is controlled by the Dixmor DX1000 Weep Mizer. I use output #2 to control the Erie valve. It?s set to change over and purge at 34 deg. when it gets about 35 it will switch over to regular foam brush soap, it does not purge when it changes over to regular foam brush soap. Clouds should not affect the operation of the weep mizer, I have both of my temperature sensors on the north side of the building under soffit.

washregal

Reaction score
Where are you guys located.. I am in SE Pennsylvania...To me it makes great sense.. My mechanic is a little worried about constant purge of methanol.. on Temp Changes.

Have you expereinced continual purge scenarios when temperatures are between 32- s5 deg based on a 34 deg setting?

washnvac

Reaction score
I am in lower Delaware. No real issues jumping between temps. The Dixmor sensors are reliable and do not seem to change on a quick possible up and down. Just use two sensors, so that one is always in the coldest side of your building. Remember, you have a 1 degree delay from your set point going up and going down. If it does happen a time or two, so what. You will save more money by not having a bulb thermostat with several degrees of differential.

washregal

Reaction score
WashN vac..

thanks.. bouth the NO Dema Solonoids today and will hook my stems up to do just that. To mee it seems like a no brainer.. and I am looking forward in not having to mess with the Analog bulb thermostats any longer..

I'll post to see how I make out with this... Bought an xtra Dixmore Thermostat just in case of failures..

Love that product.

Randy

Reaction score
Which model number Dema solenoid valve did you buy?