What's new

Dixmore Weepmizer as Winter Brush Thermostat

washregal

Reaction score
Ok - I am making a bold move this year and using my weepmizer to change over my (3) way valve from Summer to Winter Brush.

I think it will be much more accurate and dependable than my analog units.

Reading Dixmore's Output (2) instructions for the weepmizer I am perplexed at where to set the system. I have been told that the unit has a 1 deg variance. So if I set it for 34 deg... the unit will purge at 33 deg and run winter brush..

Do I need to set LL and HL limits? If so based on the following paragraph .. where do I set them?

OUTPUT 2 OPERATION
Output 2 is designed to be an on-off switch. This output is programmed using the LL and HL settings in the programming
section. If the temperature is between the LL and HL settings, the output will be OFF. If the temperature is 1? below the LL
setting or 1? above the HL setting the output will turn ON and remain on until the temperature rises to 1? above the LL
setting or falls to 1? below the HL setting. Should you wish to control output 2 based on a temperature other than the
outside temperature, connect a sensor in the number 3 sensor position. Output 2 will then operate using the temperature
from that sensor. Output 1 will continue to operate on the outside temperature.

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
Set the LL=34 and leave the HL at its maximum setting. The directions are correct. Output 2 will turn on if the temperature is below your LL setpoint. You don't want it to turn on if the temperature is warm so leave HL high.