What's new

Dixmor Weep Mizer

bigleo48

Reaction score
BTW...an infrared temp gun is a relatively cheap and extremely useful tool. Makes Earl's idea very easy to check.

The other very useful, but not often used tool is an ice thawing machine. Once a year or so, I'll have a boom freeze up, so I plug the machine into 110 vac, clip both ends of the hoses, turn it on. I wait a couple of minutes and monitor the hose with my temp gun. Once warm enough, I turn on the pump and voila...I'm back to drinking my beer :)

BigLeo

JMC

Reaction score
The only time I froze up was when I fiddled with the settings.I was down 3 days and out alot of $ plus the mental stress. Don't do it or you will be weeping over a froze up wash.

Wshn4alivn

Reaction score
Anybody have any freeze ups this past week? brrrrrrrrrr... I've had temps down to 18 degrees and have been freeze free weeping cold water in a 4 bay . All bays are on the SE side of my equipment room and face SW with no doors. My Dixmor settings are......

AT 34 13%
BY 25 45%
TO -0- 99%
1 minute pulse

My flow rate is approx. 30 gal an hour for all 4 bays or 1 pint a minute per bay (full on). I determined my flow rate by timing the water meter on a rain day when no other water was running except my weep (1 gal in 2 minutes). I had these same settings last season but I'm sure my flow rates were larger in at least 3 bays, probably all 4.

This is kind of an experiment so use the settings above at your own risk :).... haven't had much wind with the cold temperatures. Windchill is only a measurement for exposed skin but wind will cool water faster. I'm kind of a weather nut also and thought this thread could help us determine how far we could push the frozen water envelope. Of course, we all know the consequences. :eek:

Jim - Forum Newbie
Mason in South Central Michigan