What's new

Dixmor Weep Mizer VS compressed air

fastlx

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm located outside Atlanta, GA and when I bought this wash the Weep Mizer was not being used. What the old owner had set-up was that when the Wash World HV unit went to antifreeze it just pushed air through all the lines and clears them out. He just tied the bays into this system... It has worked very well for years. We really don't have weeks on end with cold weather.
Opinions on keeping this system or re-connecting the weep mizer for my two bays?

Thanks, Vic

Randy

Reaction score
I wouldn't use compressed air, to many low spots or belly's in the hoses. But whatever works for you. If this is your first winter give it a try and see how it works out, never know it might work out for you.

sparkey

Reaction score
I used to have an old superwash machine that I used all compressed air on and it worked pretty well. Of course it only had one hose going to the machine and it was all downhill. I also had it set up to purge with air wait a few minutes and purge again.

fastlx

Reaction score
To be honest it works very well going on 5 years. I was just wondering why he didn't have the weep mizer connected.. I guess I wont mess with it. We have a few weeks of cold weather here but that's it. Thanks for the input.

Randy

Reaction score
To be honest it works very well going on 5 years. I was just wondering why he didn't have the weep mizer connected.. I guess I wont mess with it. We have a few weeks of cold weather here but that's it. Thanks for the input.
If it's not broke don't fix it.

Eric H

Reaction score
We have a few weeks of cold weather here but that's it.
I suspect that your system works well for you because your weather is fairly mild. Carwashes in the north spend weeks at a time without getting above freezing and many nights (And days) below 0*F.
If it was my wash, I’d just be lazy and leave it as it is. If I was someone with more motivation I’d add a water weep system on a ball valve that I could open if you had an unusual cold spell.

MEP001

Reaction score
Does something blow out the SS lines after someone uses it or does it just blow them out once? I'd put the Weep Mizer on the bays for a blowdown.

fastlx

Reaction score
MEP basically the system keeps putting air through all the lines when the WW HV system calls for it. I have a Custom Kraft system and only a foam brush ( no foam gun) so it seems to work very well. Without wasting any water.